• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Si discount now honored in store

Per their website a contractor shouldn't have been approved.
This program is dedicated to:

• U.S. Military: Active, Veterans, Retiree, and Reservist.
  • First Responders: Federal and Local, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS
  • Government Tactical
I called them on the phone and asked and they approved me and said yes I am eligible. So I have an account, I buy socks their,I’m sorry you feel that way but here I am. Thank you for your service but it’s not done intentionally to upset any of you

I called them on the phone and asked and they approved me and said yes I am eligible. So I have an account, I buy socks their,I’m sorry you feel that way but here I am. Thank you for your service but it’s not done intentionally to upset any of you

See this is why the Ad barrage on this site is horrible when you use a phone browser vs. at home with a crap ton of filters. Makes it so you cant type a damn sentence.

@Jimbabwe I do believe you are deserving. As a kid 20 years ago I didnt when I was active duty first enlisting. But over the course of a 20 year career in and out of uniform. I firmly believe the DoD Civilians deserve many of the same discounts and benefits a Service member receives. Without the Civilians in numerous capacity jobs around the globe we could not function and complete our mission. The pay sucks often for you just as much as did for us. The hours suck. And the jobs are less appreciated in some ways because people forget that you even exist in the entire picture.

Without the people doing the logistics, dock work, underway augementation, working the watch floors, security gates and on and on and even suiting up and going into battle along side us at Sea, Land, and Air we could not succeed.

I can confirm this works in store as I used it today on a few items. Now to sync our online benefits between Oakley.com and OakleySI.com would be nice.
How did they verify in store? I always carry my CAC card so I assume that works.

How did they verify in store? I always carry my CAC card so I assume that works.
They had a sign in sheet and I had to show a form of ID. Virginia Issued me a Veteran ID separate from my Drivers License a few years ago. Alabama and South Carolina both put your veteran status on you DL. Which my Alabama DL has it on there. They verify it when you get your license by you providing a copy of your DD214.

So I used one of the two ways I had in photo ID to prove it. You could also use your VA ID that is tied to any VA care you have or you could bring your DD214 slip.

Thats for the vets side of things.

For non-mil vets/active duty. I would assume its showing of your CAC ID, or your First Responder Credentials such as a Badge

They had a sign in sheet and I had to show a form of ID. Virginia Issued me a Veteran ID separate from my Drivers License a few years ago. Alabama and South Carolina both put your veteran status on you DL. Which my Alabama DL has it on there. They verify it when you get your license by you providing a copy of your DD214.

So I used one of the two ways I had in photo ID to prove it. You could also use your VA ID that is tied to any VA care you have or you could bring your DD214 slip.

Thats for the vets side of things.

For non-mil vets/active duty. I would assume its showing of your CAC ID, or your First Responder Credentials such as a Badge
Thanks! I will try it out sometime I'm near a store. That is how I assumed it worked based off of my experience buying discounted firearms.

I work at an O Store in AZ. We ask that if you are a first responder, current member of the armed forces, or a veteran whether you are a current SI member or not, upon purchase in store show a proper ID such as a commission card or a veteran ID. We will honor the SI discount and if you wish to sign up for SI we will assist with that in store right then.

There are some exclusions such as if the item is only available on SI the discount won't be applied. For example SI currently 45% off of SI edition eye wear that is not being matched in store. The discount is 35% on eye wear and 40% off of apparel and accessories.

Last edited:
Back