• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SI Madness!

Also, is the only difference between the two Flak's (and the two Fuel Cell's) that one is polarized and one is not?

Further follow-up, where did you get them?

Hard to tell from the pics, but are the earsocks on the Flak's a tan color or a greenish color? Where did you find them? They aren't on the SI site, and I believe may have been only available, at least originally, on the special military exchange site.

By the way, I believe they're called the Eagle series, and were discussed heavily here: Eagle Series Oakleys | Oakley Forum

Also, is the only difference between the two Flak's (and the two Fuel Cell's) that one is polarized and one is not?

Further follow-up, where did you get them?

I got them from a US Navy Exchange in Japan. (I'm a Navy Contractor with overseas Exchange privileges).
Took a look at the Eagle thread and yep they are apart of the Eagle Collection. All the ones I got are matte black with coyote tan accents sporting tungsten iridium lenses.

SI Flak Jacket XLJ OO9009-03 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium lenses
SI Flak Jacket XLJ OO9009-04 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses
SI Fuel Cell OO9096-C1 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium lenses
SI Fuel Cell OO9096-C2 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses

Now the polarized ones have the 6-point star etching instead of the polarized etching.

I got them from a US Navy Exchange in Japan. (I'm a Navy Contractor with overseas Exchange privileges).
Took a look at the Eagle thread and yep they are apart of the Eagle Collection. All the ones I got are matte black with coyote tan accents sporting tungsten iridium lenses.

SI Flak Jacket XLJ OO9009-03 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium lenses
SI Flak Jacket XLJ OO9009-04 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses
SI Fuel Cell OO9096-C1 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium lenses
SI Fuel Cell OO9096-C2 - Matte Black/Coyote frame, Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses

Now the polarized ones have the 6-point star etching instead of the polarized etching.
Awesome, thanks.

Awesome, thanks.

Thank you for setting me straight on which series those SI's are apart of!
cool_shades.gif

Congrats for sure. The Eagle series is exclusive to the military exchange, and one of the most rare pieces out there.