• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Signature Sunday" - August 19th 2012

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
After the success of the Forum's recent International Douche Day (white frames), ATrain and myself have discussed another possible pic thread that may prove interesting . . . .

"Signature Sunday".

The premise is that you must choose what you consider to be your own 'signature' frame. In other words, the frame/model that you not only think you suit the most, but also which kinda defines you in terms of your Oakley collection/obsession.

We are talking a very specific pair of Oaks, then, to wear in your pic.

Taking me as an example - OK there's no prizes for guessing my frame of choice (in fact there are no przes at all - haha) but it will be a tricky choice for me to pick out a specific pair/colorway that will fit the above criteria.

I think it will be an interesting insight into our collections - and there will be some really tough decisions to be made, whether you only have 5 pairs or 105 (or more). I also think there might be some surprising choices - where we expect a member to choose one frame, but he/she ends up choosing something else and giving the reason why.

So . . . . if you think you are up for the challenge, then August 19th awaits . . . .

The inaugural "Signature Sunday".

:smile:

easy peasy. Sight's going the with the wee Dogs..and Herbs will be the Jinx. better be the Stussy i sold him. haha! kidding.

but it's not gonna be an easy choice for sure...hmm.

Aha - but will O_S go with the Plates instead?

All will be revealed . . . . . .

<adopts gravelly movie-trailer voice>

. . . . . on Signature Sunday.

Even when discussing this with Herb, I have been thinking what pair ill be using. Its tough for sure and ive had a head start. I am willing to bet Rust is going with MFrames :)

That might be a pretty safe bet. The real question is do I go all black, stick with my Livestrong socks, go Pro in black and white, low profile 2.0... hell I have enough time to get something new!

or the new frogs

Also a good choice. I don't have a super favorite of those though. The matte clear would be my top choice, but it's just not an everyday pair. The black has grey lenses, maybe if they were polarized it would take top honors. The Texas Tea and Tortoise are fringe pairs.

Back