• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Significance Of "453" Regarding Oakley?

Ok, The story on the #453 on the Oakley tank was not anything specific relating to Oakley. The tanks actual serial number when sold was #453. There were three tanks that were shipped from over seas to a company in Nevada. The tanks were decommissioned and made available for public purchase. # 452, 453, 454. Oakley bought #453 and over time the tank number had worn off. There repainted it and it became more visible. So basically it was the tanks original serial number.

Ok, The story on the #453 on the Oakley tank was not anything specific relating to Oakley. The tanks actual serial number when sold was #453. There were three tanks that were shipped from over seas to a company in Nevada. The tanks were decommissioned and made available for public purchase. # 452, 453, 454. Oakley bought #453 and over time the tank number had worn off. There repainted it and it became more visible. So basically it was the tanks original serial number.
A cool bit of Oakley trivia!

Pretty cool! I did not know the full story, thanks for sharing!!

WOW, what a bogart, didn't even try to throw props my way for getting that info. Oh the agony of it all.

Yes. My bad. Sorry bro. I knew it was the clearest, to the point story. Everyone this was Xmetalmaniacs post he made after speaking with an internal employee of Oakley. He deserves the props!!!!