• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Since June 8th I Have Picked Up A Few.. Quite A Few!

Sounds like a very similar story to mine. Wife never grew up and never really slowed down with the partying. I went full tilt last year and made a few trips to Vegas, Utah and a trip to Colorado to party and snowboard. That was when I got over the worrying of being alone. I make it a point to wear every pair I own and if I value them too much to wear, they gotta go :)

Nice to know there are quite a few with this same addiction for collecting and I will be going to the Charlotte Vault Saturday to see what they have. Guaranteed addition.

Lol...yes I just got back from Colorado just went there to visit some national parks and am getting ready for a Snowboarding trip this coming Winter in Park City Utah (I'm also moving to Utah to hell with the hot and muggy weather in Louisiana). I have not Snowboarded in 10 years I hope I still know how to,lol. I am also going to take up Mountain Biking once I move up North and really cannot wait to get into biking.

I do bike in Louisiana but it is insanely boring and FLAT! Biking up North should get me into shape fast.

I'll definately be looking to purchase some nice Oakley goggles for when I do go snowboarding any other brand just will not do. :cool:

Yes it does feel nice to be free again. :)

If you get back into snowboarding, The Canyons in Park City is my favorite spot. Really no out of bounds and all the tree runs you could imagine. MTB can be far more expensive than Oakleys at the end of the day. If your out west you will need an all mountain rig at least. 6 inches of suspension front and rear gets pricey quick! 8-12 inch dh bikes are more than my street bikes. As soon as my boys graduate high school I plan on heading West!

If you get back into snowboarding, The Canyons in Park City is my favorite spot. Really no out of bounds and all the tree runs you could imagine. MTB can be far more expensive than Oakleys at the end of the day. If your out west you will need an all mountain rig at least. 6 inches of suspension front and rear gets pricey quick! 8-12 inch dh bikes are more than my street bikes. As soon as my boys graduate high school I plan on heading West!

Yeah I know how expensive the bikes can get. I am planning on buying a Santa Cruz Nomad I used to own the Santa Cruz Heckler but found the Nomad to be far more comfortable. I think I will stay away from the Carbon frame as I think the frame alone is like 4 grand,lol.

I looked up some mountain biking areas in Utah and there are many places that actually rents out full suspension bikes for the weekend which is what I will probably do until I finally decide to purchase my own full suspension bike. I am not planning on doing extreme downhill riding just "All Mountain" riding. The Nomad should cover all my riding needs. :)

Latest Posts

Back