• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Single Black Tower Lighting Issues

Thanks man I have a couple more questions before I do order but I will more than likely PM you if that is okay? Been busy with a few other things

If you live near a Costco, they have Sylvainia Mosaic lighting for $30. You get 8 feet of LEDs and can change colors if you want.
and if you go on their special link (on the back of the packaging), you can get an add on kit for like $15...I have the setup on my desk for hutch lighting. My only complaint, the connectors that run between strips are too short, but if you are borderline alive, you can extend them real easily

I used that Sylvania lighting from Costco when I framed my Juliet sketch:

I also used rope lighting from Costco to help light up my stretch towers:

The old cases don't supplement the bottom of the display with fluorescent light like the 2.0 and 3.0's do and the halogen light just doesn't throw enough light to the bottom so I ran rope light from the top to the bottom on both sides. I'm also going to retrofit some of Oaksters LED MR-16's this weekend to see if it helps- it would have to since those LED MR-16's have 3 LED heads embedded.

Here's an old pic of the display with the rope lit up. This is in the man cave with all other lighting turned off so you can see just how well the rope lights up the normally dark lower tiers:

Hope this is of some value!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back