• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Single case top light ballast help!!!

Mattio201

Oakley Beginner
My 3.0 case had the top lights fail when I obtained it. I replaced the ballast and the lights would just flicker. I thought I had a bad ballast so I returned it and got a new one. The ballast was from WAC but was a soft start 120 to 12 volt power ballast. I think this was the issue. I hooked it up and nothing worked. I then took the ballast from my other cabinet (a double) and placed it into the single and it worked. It must want the original power ballast. Has anyone replaced the ballast that controls the four small lights on the top of the case and if so which brand or model did you use. I’m at a loss here because I don’t see any other way of getting these to work and I’m frustrated. Been working on this for weeks now and this should be a fifteen minute repair

Please help I’m a newbie here but I’ve read your other guys threads and this site is great.

Matt

I believe the original case is halogen. Does that mean I should get the same one but for halogen.

I think my issue may have been the minimum loads on the ballast. The lights are only three watts a piece and with a total of four maybe I needed a 10watt min load ballast

Thoughts ? Neill , have you used this one in the 3.0 case and been successful ? I appreciate the help so far. I’m just excited now if this will work because Lowe’s shows they have one locally in the make you sent me

The original ran halogens, which get hot. Convert to a LED transformer with LED bulbs and you will have lower temps. The one I posted above was recommended to me when I was in your shoes. It works.

Great but what bulbs do you use then. Any make or model on them so I can get the exact size to replace them with. Any help on that would be great too. If this works I will owe you guys big time. This has been so frustrating

Matt

Any LED with MR-16 base will work. They should be in the 3-5W range.

Back