• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Single prescription lense user of Oakley Half Jacket XLJ

scottf200

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I'm a long time Oakley Half Jacket XLJ owner and love the wrap around feel.
I've used them for racquet/paddle sports for several years as well as driving/biking/hiking.
I have clear lenses and shaded lenses.
A few years back I lost one of my eyes. I need a new prescription but only need one lense! They want to sell me both for $250!

Hi, I'm a long time Oakley Half Jacket XLJ owner and love the wrap around feel.
I've used them for racquet/paddle sports for several years as well as driving/biking/hiking.
I have clear lenses and shaded lenses.
A few years back I lost one of my eyes. I need a new prescription but only need one lense! They want to sell me both for $250!
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about that, have you emailed customer service to see if they could help you out or give you a discount? If anything, @Chris A Hardaway might be able to help

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about that, have you emailed customer service to see if they could help you out or give you a discount? If anything, @Chris A Hardaway might be able to help
This is something I could do @scottf200
But I'd need the frame and lenses for about 3 weeks. Sorry, matching tint, and dyeing to match one lens is tricky to get done right. That's why no one does one lens very often anymore.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:
Hope you're getting the answers that you're looking for.

IMG_1703.gif

You all have been great. I appreciate the hospitality.

I lost the use of my left eye in an auto accident (deer) and block the light from coming in it since it doesn't see well (center area retina damage and height issue causing double vision).

I have standard Half Jacket XLJ and then doing some searches confused me. There are multiple version and now a 2.0 ... which made me wonder if they still sell "1.0" versions of the lens.

VQfxNaz.jpg

This is something I could do @scottf200
But I'd need the frame and lenses for about 3 weeks. Sorry, matching tint, and dyeing to match one lens is tricky to get done right. That's why no one does one lens very often anymore.

I'm a little confused because I thought I had the "standard" Half Jacket XLJ with anti-glare coating they offer so I don't follow the customized matching aspect of your post? Wouldn't a standard Oakley lens for those glasses work work. As well I block the light on the other so it doesn't really need to match perfectly. Maybe I'm just lost and you do custom lenses or something.

I need to take these (below two: clear and shaded) in to get the lens tested to see what they are so I can go get my eyes checked to see what my current prescription is.

McgQ7M9.jpg

zBkN8Sc.jpg

You all have been great. I appreciate the hospitality.

I lost the use of my left eye in an auto accident (deer) and block the light from coming in it since it doesn't see well (center area retina damage and height issue causing double vision).

I have standard Half Jacket XLJ and then doing some searches confused me. There are multiple version and now a 2.0 ... which made me wonder if they still sell "1.0" versions of the lens.

View attachment 875828

I'm a little confused because I thought I had the "standard" Half Jacket XLJ with anti-glare coating they offer so I don't follow the customized matching aspect of your post? Wouldn't a standard Oakley lens for those glasses work work. As well I block the light on the other so it doesn't really need to match perfectly. Maybe I'm just lost and you do custom lenses or something.

I need to take these (below two: clear and shaded) in to get the lens tested to see what they are so I can go get my eyes checked to see what my current prescription is.

View attachment 875829

View attachment 875830
Those look like flak 2.0 xl frames

Oakley only makes Rx lenses by the pair as you mentioned. So for anyone to make one lens they'd have to take your glasses for several weeks to match them as close as possible.

Sorry to hear about the accident, that's awful... I imagine you've learned to make the best of the vision loss, and I totally understand that they wouldn't have to be a "perfect match".

Good luck on the hunt. Again Oakley and any Oakley dealer will only do lenses by the pair. Total bummer I know.

Those look like flak 2.0 xl frames

Oakley only makes Rx lenses by the pair as you mentioned. So for anyone to make one lens they'd have to take your glasses for several weeks to match them as close as possible.

Sorry to hear about the accident, that's awful... I imagine you've learned to make the best of the vision loss, and I totally understand that they wouldn't have to be a "perfect match".

Good luck on the hunt. Again Oakley and any Oakley dealer will only do lenses by the pair. Total bummer I know.

Thanks much. I understand Oakley is making them in a pair only now and just didn't know that you were doing custom work but that is what I guessed as we went along. Totally cool and a great service.

Re: vision loss -- the first year or so was very tough physically and mentally. Doing ball/racquet_sports was a brutal changes as I lost my 3D spatial ability of tracking a ball. Slowly things have gotten better. Oh, and driving was freaky since I had 3D spatial issues (curbs & right turn cornering & parking) ... as well as losing major peripheral coverage on the left. My right can see peripheral but then the nose gets in the way :) -- sorry for the diatribe. I do wear glasses (safety or otherwise almost all the time as I protect my good eye!!) P.S. Not sure hunt was the right term .-)

I found the statement charges/payments and they were written up as half jacket xlj at the time.
I have no idea what 'advance edge' is.

WvRgX5B.jpg

Thanks much. I understand Oakley is making them in a pair only now and just didn't know that you were doing custom work but that is what I guessed as we went along. Totally cool and a great service.

Re: vision loss -- the first year or so was very tough physically and mentally. Doing ball/racquet_sports was a brutal changes as I lost my 3D spatial ability of tracking a ball. Slowly things have gotten better. Oh, and driving was freaky since I had 3D spatial issues (curbs & right turn cornering & parking) ... as well as losing major peripheral coverage on the left. My right can see peripheral but then the nose gets in the way :) -- sorry for the diatribe. I do wear glasses (safety or otherwise almost all the time as I protect my good eye!!) P.S. Not sure hunt was the right term .-)

I found the statement charges/payments and they were written up as half jacket xlj at the time.
I have no idea what 'advance edge' is.

View attachment 875994
So glad you've been doing better and better. Especially w a difficult sport period!

They priced it out with the wrong frame, which is a total mistake, but at least now you know it's a flak 2.0 xl frame. Based on photos you posted.

The advanced edge is probably either: your RX being stronger than a +2.00, or stronger than a -3.00 and they had to use Oakley true digital edge lenses... Google or YouTube search Oakley true digital edge... Or it's that the sport frames have a special bevel around the edges to fit into the frame.... You can see the special bevel and material removed in the lateral corners.

Back