• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Single Wide Display Case Plexi Glass

Revertx

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Has anyone one of you tried replacing the plexi glass(s) on your single wide display cases? If so how did you guys go around about that? I can't seem to find the screws that would take off the top panel of the display case to take old ones out? Please advise as I am looking to replace mine. Thanks a lot!

In the top of my single wide, there were 8 bolts that help the top to the uprights. After I removed the top of the display, I was able to remove the inside supports/corner pieces and removed the plexi by sliding it out the top.

Oh, then I just used an automotive 8" buffer with the foam pad with some 3M fine cut cleaner and polish to buff most of the scratches out. Much cheaper than replacing the plexi if you have the stuff lying around.

I replaced all the acrylic in one of my single wide aluminum display cases. It takes time to take the display the case apart from the top. This was extremely easy on my double wide and not as easy on the single wide.

Oh, then I just used an automotive 8" buffer with the foam pad with some 3M fine cut cleaner and polish to buff most of the scratches out. Much cheaper than replacing the plexi if you have the stuff lying around.

I did this same thing with my Double Wide that I got....except for a 6 inch DA polisher, lol...Cleaned up like brand new.

Hi guys sorry for the late reply. Been busy lately. But yeah thanks for pointing out the 8 bolts on the top. I sorta know how to work around it now. Polishing the plexi would've been the option for me but the case door plexi has a dent already. Dent would be rated 6/10. I kinda wanna replace. I just thought I might as well replace all of em.

I just replaced the door on mine. Had to pay about $60 for the plexi. I used the measurements of 43 15/16" x 12" for mine. But like all things, please measure twice, cut once as that stuff is expensive. Lol. I used 1/4" and 3/4" Forstner drill bits at around 1500rpm on my drill press to make the holes. Use a little dish washing detergent and water to lubricate the bit as you drill to keep things cool. You heat up that plexi while drilling and it might crack. If you have any questions, let me know.

Back