• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Size Comparison

commonlight

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi Guys, Im sorry for this being my 1st post here, ive looked through the forums and im struggling to find what i need.

Has anyone got a direct comparison between the X Metal frames in terms of size, every time i search images ans images of face i feel im seeing conflicting info for which will be the largest?

basically, i owned Romeos back in the early 2000s which was stolen from my home, and my memory is pretty crappy at remembering how they fitted on my face, im hoping to get a pair of x metals then try and get clear prescription lenses put in there so i can wear them every day as glasses...

However, im used to wearing thick and oversized frames, so im trying to avoid something being very narrow on my face..

Once i know which frames to get ill then need to hunt them down in the UK

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been asked 100 times

Welcome to the forum!

There are many comparison pics on the forum. I’ll see if I can find some. In the mean time it sounds like Romeo 1, XX and XS will suit you best. Penny’s are the smallest so you would hate them. Juliet’s have smaller orbitals than XX so go with Xx.

Bookmarks this link

Welcome! For prescription / every day all day use you might want to consider that X-Metals are quite heavy (42g = 1.5oz.).

Woah Thankyou very much

you guys are awesome.

I guess it comes down to comfort, I’m used to wear glasses with a bit of weight behind them,

but I know the x metals are another story.

I’ve been told that online lens crafters can make the lenses but I’m still somewhat skeptical with the amount these are curved.

I don’t know why it’s in my nature to desire something I can’t just go out and try on in a shop..

so on face photos are greatly appreciated, even more so with the lenses removed.

this forum is great, im sure I’m going to get lost in her daily

James

Woah Thankyou very much

you guys are awesome.

I guess it comes down to comfort, I’m used to wear glasses with a bit of weight behind them,

but I know the x metals are another story.

I’ve been told that online lens crafters can make the lenses but I’m still somewhat skeptical with the amount these are curved.

I don’t know why it’s in my nature to desire something I can’t just go out and try on in a shop..

so on face photos are greatly appreciated, even more so with the lenses removed.

this forum is great, im sure I’m going to get lost in her daily

James
Keep in mind the fit can be adjusted for all of them except the spring hinge frames (penny and half x) so that works for the frames you would be interested in

also, you may want to check in with @Chris A Hardaway on if he can help with prescription. Spending on the prescription he may be able to help.

I’ve had good luck with Fuse for Rx. One member on here wasn’t to happy with them. I’ve had progressive chrome for my Juliet’s at around $300 for the lens. 24k gold Juliet’s single vision at mid to high end $200’s, and another set of progressive for my carbon blades, chrome, also around $300.
Mostly I just go partial blind as I could never Rx all my wear pairs. Way to spendy, plus I do not like to go outside of Oakley. Love Oakley lens and colors.

BigCog on Flickr has a fantastic collection of himself wearing all the models, which might be helpful to you better understanding the size. I've split his photo into two sections as the original is too large to post... Linegear has a timeline view of order of production of models too.
X-Metal Models 1-4.png
X-Metal Models 5-8.png

20200319_3f20ac.jpg

Lots of great info posted already, great community.

I RX’d my X Squared, if your use to the weight, then you don’t notice anything.

@Chris A Hardaway did the RX for me. Depending on your RX, it might be very difficult to get your lenses to fit, I don’t know much more than that - but recommend a check with the expert before purchasing.

Welcome to the addiction!

B7AAE7DE-D401-421E-B455-57445230E4B8.jpeg

0BAB1878-E4AB-4481-86A4-2FE6F880A257.jpeg

00E0E34A-CD1B-49FE-8018-10F2E713EDA3.jpeg

Back