• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Size Comparison

This is fantastic

looking at the photos I would be going for the XX or the X squared

my Rx isn’t crazy strong, enough to be a problem driving with out them, and tv is pretty bad but I can walk around with out them just fine :)

is there anyting I need to look out for when purchasing either model, there are some on eBay with pretty detailed photos but not sure what I should be looking in terms of problems etc.

also.. and I’m sorry for this, what finish would I be looking for with the darkest colour available?

james

This is fantastic

my Rx isn’t crazy strong, enough to be a problem driving with out them, and tv is pretty bad but I can walk around with out them just fine :)

is there anyting I need to look out for when purchasing either model, there are some on eBay with pretty detailed photos but not sure what I should be looking in terms of problems etc.

also.. and I’m sorry for this, what finish would I be looking for with the darkest colour available?

james

I strongly recomend buy on the forum once you qualify for the exchange forum.

x metal finish is the grey color. Carbon is black.

Awesome... I guess I’ll bide my time until I can access the exchange forum

I’m sure my taste in perfected frame will be hard to find but I’m happy to take my time

Thankyou so much

This is fantastic

james
I'm sure someone can link you to actual photos of all the colorways for each, but o-review is easiest source to show the basic idea of frame finishes.

For the XX X-Metal color would be a dark charcoal grey, TiO2 uses X-Metal Stems/Nose Bridge & Plasma which has a silver sheen applied to the orbitals.

For the XS Carbon color is a matte black finish, they also offered a polished carbon colorway; although its worth noting over time it'll likely lose the glossy appearance and become more satin in tone resembling the standard Carbon colorway. The XS was also offered in X-Metal finish as well.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 4.07.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 4.07.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Lots of great info posted already, great community.

I RX’d my X Squared, if your use to the weight, then you don’t notice anything.

@Chris A Hardaway did the RX for me. Depending on your RX, it might be very difficult to get your lenses to fit, I don’t know much more than that - but recommend a check with the expert before purchasing.

Welcome to the addiction!

View attachment 729723

View attachment 729724

View attachment 729725
Thank you as always kind sir. Our sight is important do it's worth doing right.

This is fantastic

james
You might like to check this link out also re: cases to protect your X-metals.
Cases/Vaults - What X-metals fit in? (@cacatman)

Love the contributions from everyone.

Here are some pics for you - all outdoors to show the true frame color.

I’ll pull some XX’s out later or tomorrow for yah :)

1st - Plasma X Squared
Ice lenses, blue Linegear Rubbers, paint matched screws all around.
Prizm Road lenses, purple Linegear Rubbers, paint matched screws all around.

453C94F6-A228-4657-8E9B-3CDB357C838C.jpeg

4FDEDB0D-440A-4507-B9C2-D411690494BA.jpeg

E09A0A9C-E083-4372-A73E-97345663AAA6.jpeg

17F1D300-26B2-4EB7-BEB6-103DDDE8C7A0.jpeg

DB560F83-BAC0-4F29-AD1C-916B6B6F7955.jpeg

Back