• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Size difference in all X Metals.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
You need to find someone local and go buy them a beer and while they drink you try on their glasses. See if you like them.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
You can use the circle the nose bridge rests on as reference to best determine the differences in size. But you are correct, the angle of the photos and how the image was cropped is made to make them all appear the same size.

Someone here has all the XM frames. If that person is willing, have a camera on a tripod at a fixed distance and position relative to the stand and take pics where only the glasses itself is changed between each picture. That would be ideal.

Last edited:
But to answer the OP's question. The only X Metals that are larger/wider than the Juliet is X Metal XX or Romeo 1.

Your other (but less popular) option is to remove the temple shocks in your juliet. That will allow the earstems to open up wider to help with tight fitting frames. Of course this only allows for the earstems to open wider. If you need bigger orbitals, then go with the larger frames.

The XS orbitals are square and may offer more coverage, but for me, they're about the same fit as a Juliet.

Username Hidden said:
But to answer the OP's question. The only X Metals that are larger/wider than the Juliet is X Metal XX or Romeo 1.

Your other (but less popular) option is to remove the temple shocks in your juliet. That will allow the earstems to open up wider to help with tight fitting frames. Of course this only allows for the earstems to open wider. If you need bigger orbitals, then go with the larger frames.

The XS orbitals are square and may offer more coverage, but for me, they're about the same fit as a Juliet.
Comes down to the tune and how loose the bridge is...I've had XX that fit as tight as or tighter than Juliets.

Username Hidden said:
Comes down to the tune and how loose the bridge is...I've had XX that fit as tight as or tighter than Juliets.

If you're talking about factory tunes, that shouldn't be the case. If the XMXX is as tight or tighter than juliets, whoever did the tune used some super thick aftermarket nosebridge gaskets. The point of the flex coupler is to allow the titanium frame to flex, not be as rigid as possible. If that were the original intent, why not just fuse the orbitals to the bridge?

Username Hidden said:
If you're talking about factory tunes, that shouldn't be the case. If the XMXX is as tight or tighter than juliets, whoever did the tune used some super thick aftermarket nosebridge gaskets. The point of the flex coupler is to allow the titanium frame to flex, not be as rigid as possible. If that were the original intent, why not just fuse the orbitals to the bridge?
I hear ya. I'm just pointing out the looseness of the bridge can make a Juliet feel looser than an XX...that's all.

its funny cuz i was looking for sort off the same info couple weeks ago to decide if the romeo was ok for me and i ended up doing a collage of myself with some x metal I've got . its not all of x metal but there juliet, xs ,xx plus carbon prime in the lot.

oakley.jpg

Username Hidden said:
This is a bad graphic. The position of the camera is changing with each frame. In that graphic, all the frames look to be the same size, but they're not.
Yeah, I noticed that too

Username Hidden said:
its funny cuz i was looking for sort off the same info couple weeks ago to decide if the romeo was ok for me and i ended up doing a collage of myself with some x metal I've got . its not all of x metal but there juliet, xs ,xx plus carbon prime in the lot.

View attachment 558797

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Eric.

The XS looks big in the linegear comparison pics.
Almost as big as R1, which we all know is not the case.

Must not have been taken from the same distance or the pics were cropped down/zoomed in

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk