• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sky Blue Frame With Ice Or Positive Red Lenses

I never knew you could do icon and switchlock modifications on them. I always thought you were stuck with what you get lol

Actually, the pair you are getting is a custom. It took all four of my pairs to swap out all of the icons and switchlocks between all my pairs. The white pair has the black icons from the silver frame and the white icons from the sky blue pair. They say you should only swap the icons once. The only success I've had were on new pairs. The adhesive still stays on nice but on old frames it doesn't come off nice.

DSCN0580.jpg

I think it came out pretty nice. The white pair is the opposite of my black pair. The black has the white icon and the black switchlock. I was going for the Ying and Yang look and initially had the white icons and switchlocks on the black and the black icons and switchlocks on the white but later decided there was too much contrast and matched the switchlocks to the frame. My silver frame now has gunmetal icons and switchlocks and the sky blue has chrome parts.

Actually, the pair you are getting is a custom. It took all four of my pairs to swap out all of the icons and switchlocks between all my pairs. The white pair has the black icons from the silver frame and the white icons from the sky blue pair. They say you should only swap the icons once. The only success I've had were on new pairs. The adhesive still stays on nice but on old frames it doesn't come off nice.

DSCN0580.jpg

I think it came out pretty nice. The white pair is the opposite of my black pair. The black has the white icon and the black switchlock. I was going for the Ying and Yang look and initially had the white icons and switchlocks on the black and the black icons and switchlocks on the white but later decided there was too much contrast and matched the switchlocks to the frame. My silver frame now has gunmetal icons and switchlocks and the sky blue has chrome parts.

I see...maybe that's why I just couldn't pass them up! I do like them a lot. I think they turned out awesome. And the blue pair actually looks better with the pieces in them over what it came with. I wouldn't want to change anything about them anyhow lol, I just never knew.

Back