• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sleepless

Soulfulfrog

みんなに優しく
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Georgetown, ON.
Hello all. I'm just wondering if anyone here has the same condition/issue as me. Most nights I might get a total of 2 hours max of uninterrupted sleep. It's usually my mind that keeps me awake. I'll wake up from a short sleeping stint.....maybe about 20 min or so and my mind will race around thoughts of bills, mortgage, heath of my family, work and just anything that fills most minds on a daily basis. I've tried medication and therapy but unfortunately to no avail. Here I am again awake at 2:14am wondering what the hell to do now before I start to get ready for work. I can't make noise in the kitchen or turn on the TV in the bedroom. Waking the wife can be worse than walking up my 18 month old. I'm finding as well I spend alot more money staying up so much just out of boredom. Ebay runs 24 hours a day but that can be destructive. Anyway I guess I'm just wondering if I'm the only one here that has this issue. Most nights I'll typically go to the display cases and fool around reorganizing them. At least it's nice to have to time to change things about in the oakley collection. Hopefully I'll get at least another 20 min before having to go to work in 4 hours. Lol

Cheers all and good night I hope

I'm up. I have not slept well in a while. I wake up a different intervals throughout the night, but can usually go back to sleep. I think with me it's just stress related. I recently started a new job so I'm learning a new way of doing things. Before this at my other job, it was constant stress. Of course, family and health are always a concern. I doubt we are alone. Hopefully you will get some sleep before work. Some tips would be to avoid caffeine at least 4-6 hours before your bed time, avoid over stimulation before going to bed, and try to clear your mind. Hope it helps.

I'm up. I have not slept well in a while. I wake up a different intervals throughout the night, but can usually go back to sleep. I think with me it's just stress related. I recently started a new job so I'm learning a new way of doing things. Before this at my other job, it was constant stress. Of course, family and health are always a concern. I doubt we are alone. Hopefully you will get some sleep before work. Some tips would be to avoid caffeine at least 4-6 hours before your bed time, avoid over stimulation before going to bed, and try to clear your mind. Hope it helps.
Thank you for the tips. I'm happy for you getting yourself a new job and getting away from constant stress. I'm sure it's worth the extra effort in starting new job.

same here, I´ve really difficulties to catch some sleep during a while, several things came to my mind and a special family and health are always a concern too.
Also another thing is really addtictive because I´ve a lot of thoughts related to Oakleys, what are my next steps, what will I purchase next eg.
I´m trying to breath very deeply and sleep with open windows to catch some fresh air

same here, I´ve really difficulties to catch some sleep during a while, several things came to my mind and a special family and health are always a concern too.
Also another thing is really addtictive because I´ve a lot of thoughts related to Oakleys, what are my next steps, what will I purchase next eg.
I´m trying to breath very deeply and sleep with open windows to catch some fresh air
I already told you bro
sheep 10 billion will knock you out
guaranteed :D
image.jpeg

I have trouble sleeping too. I'm usually in bed around 11:00 p.m. and I have to be up to get ready for work at 4:15 a.m. I'm constantly waking up and looking at the clock, then rolling over and trying to go back to sleep. I know I should get to bed earlier, but working such long hours, it can be hard to wind down in such a short amount of time. You're not alone Solomon.

You're not alone. But I'm not there with you.

I don't get much sleep but that not because I can't sleep. It's the phone that is going 24/7.
I have this ability to be in a deep sleep ....phone rings and I answer or txt back and then I'm back to sleep in under 90 seconds.

But I've also got this super comfortable bed. Then again I can do the same thing in a chair or sofa ;)

and of course I need to stop drinking caffeine, which is not so easy for me because I love to drink Red Bull for instance

U don't have quite caffeine all the way, just before bed. Redbull is really not good for you though either. Take better care of yourself. You will be surprised how proper hydration with water will energize you.

Back