• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slightly nervous

Soulfulfrog

みんなに優しく
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Georgetown, ON.
Hi all. Today and a bit of yesterday I have started to become slightly concerned. I'm reaching out here to ask opinions of all who.may have had trouble with USPS small packets. It's of course an international service to Canada.

About 10 days ago I picked up a few rather expensive frames in hopes of customizing them and passing them on. At least 2 of the 3 anyway. A Tron pitboss and 2 pitboss 2 frames. I was hoping to keep the tron for a bit. Anyway..here's the thing. I've been extremely lucky considering how.much has come over the boarder here with all my customers as well as all my purchases. I've only lost 1 package in the 4 plus years of regular collecting.. a beater xx that just disappeared after an out for delivery scan in my hometown. Anyway **** happens and I brushed it off. I felt it wasnt the end of the world..now this tron and 2 other pb2 frames are in the wind. As of the 18th (which isnt that long yet) they caught a scan in Detroit Wayne county saying they were in transit to the next facility. The package scanned again the identical way on the 19th, 20th and 21st. Strange right..since the 21st it says.."Your item departed a transfer airport in WAYNE COUNTY, DETROIT, UNITED STATES on November 21, 2018 at 10:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." It has yet to reach Canadian customs...Now I know with Thanksgiving and that maybe its actually in Detroit still and just hanging out but I've has similar packages from the seller make it here in less time. Should I be nervous or just let it go for a bit and see what happens..I did call USPS and they told me I'm SOL because the type of service that was used. The seller is a good friend and I wont ask for anything in return as a loss...do you all feel this thing may start moving again come Monday perhaps?. Keep in mind our postal service here has asked other countries to hang onto things a little longer until they catch up from this bullshit strike here that just ended yesterday. Anyway I'd appreciate insight or just any comments about perhaps personal experience with USPS and delays. Maybe it's more common than I think. Talk me down folks, talk me down. Lol. I'd hate to think a postal worker is wearing my glasses haha.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Soulfulfrog

That would be one cool ass postal worker with a tron PB1 on....just saying...

Consider this....my packages have been delayed recently coming in and going out just within the US because of the holiday season. Im not sure how that effects international shipments but im sure it does effect it somehow.

Couple that with canada post still catching up from the strike and i would give it 3 full weeks before i even start to worry.

Hell, i beem waiting on a package from a forum member from Italy for 22 days right now

Consider this....my packages have been delayed recently coming in and going out just within the US because of the holiday season. Im not sure how that effects international shipments but im sure it does effect it somehow.

Couple that with canada post still catching up from the strike and i would give it 3 full weeks before i even start to worry.

Hell, i beem waiting on a package from a forum member from Italy for 22 days right now
See now that's exactly what I want to hear. Not that your waiting to get something yourself but that you've experienced similar things in the past and logic that it's the holiday season.. I didn't really think of that either. Seems when things go through certain cities too they take longer. I've not had much come through Detroit. Mostly Chicago or LA straight to Richmond BC. This one took a d-tour through Michigan for some reason. Thanks a bunch for the response. I sorta feel better already just with that..

As for you Trump I
Hi all. Today and a bit of yesterday I have started to become slightly concerned. I'm reaching out here to ask opinions of all who.may have had trouble with USPS small packets. It's of course an international service to Canada.

About 10 days ago I picked up a few rather expensive frames in hopes of customizing them and passing them on. At least 2 of the 3 anyway. A Tron pitboss and 2 pitboss 2 frames. I was hoping to keep the tron for a bit. Anyway..here's the thing. I've been extremely lucky considering how.much has come over the boarder here with all my customers as well as all my purchases. I've only lost 1 package in the 4 plus years of regular collecting.. a beater xx that just disappeared after an out for delivery scan in my hometown. Anyway **** happens and I brushed it off. I felt it wasnt the end of the world..now this tron and 2 other pb2 frames are in the wind. As of the 18th (which isnt that long yet) they caught a scan in Detroit Wayne county saying they were in transit to the next facility. The package scanned again the identical way on the 19th, 20th and 21st. Strange right..since the 21st it says.."Your item departed a transfer airport in WAYNE COUNTY, DETROIT, UNITED STATES on November 21, 2018 at 10:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." It has yet to reach Canadian customs...Now I know with Thanksgiving and that maybe its actually in Detroit still and just hanging out but I've has similar packages from the seller make it here in less time. Should I be nervous or just let it go for a bit and see what happens..I did call USPS and they told me I'm SOL because the type of service that was used. The seller is a good friend and I wont ask for anything in return as a loss...do you all feel this thing may start moving again come Monday perhaps?. Keep in mind our postal service here has asked other countries to hang onto things a little longer until they catch up from this bullshit strike here that just ended yesterday. Anyway I'd appreciate insight or just any comments about perhaps personal experience with USPS and delays. Maybe it's more common than I think. Talk me down folks, talk me down. Lol. I'd hate to think a postal worker is wearing my glasses haha.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Soulfulfrog

Unfortunately it happens from time to time with our postal service, i recieved packages quick and with big delay, I’m sure your get it soon, I wouldn’t stress just quite yet! It most likely will show up next week

I actually bought a few thing near Italy an have waited about month to get it, I shipped something and it took a month to get there with priority

See now that's exactly what I want to hear. Not that your waiting to get something yourself but that you've experienced similar things in the past and logic that it's the holiday season.. I didn't really think of that either. Seems when things go through certain cities too they take longer. I've not had much come through Detroit. Mostly Chicago or LA straight to Richmond BC. This one took a d-tour through Michigan for some reason. Thanks a bunch for the response. I sorta feel better already just with that..

Ya i sent a package to missouri last week and it took a weird detour and still isnt there. It seems to happen alot during the holidays. Its happened to like 4 of my packages in the last couple weeks.

Customs seems to be much slower too. I have tracking for my item coming from Italy and the member is very responsive and awesome to deal with but its been sitting at US customs for 2 weeks now. If there was an issue they would contact me. I think its just running slow right now

I’ll also agree with this

This is the busiest time of the year...I’ll bet the Holiday week/weekend had a lot of people working ALOT slower than usual on top of the actual work stoppage!

Don’t feel too bad... i have a package that’s nearing 4 years late...

The Seller only recently just blamed Canada Post... so... you never know ;)

I’ll also agree with this

This is the busiest time of the year...I’ll bet the Holiday week/weekend had a lot of people working ALOT slower than usual on top of the actual work stoppage!

Don’t feel too bad... i have a package that’s nearing 4 years late...

The Seller only recently just blamed Canada Post... so... you never know ;)

Damn Canadiens :behindsofa:

Back