• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slipped through my fingers

Colonel Penny

Oakley Enthusiast
Greetings Guys

Check out the juliets that were available for the merest blink of an eye the other day.

Oakley XMetal Juliet Sunglasses

At first i thought nothing special until i saw the last picture.

Refreshed the page to do a buy it now, and they had been snagged!!

x metal ruby juliets released for the movie, and only 5000 made if i'm correct.

Does anyone know if they had the original dark red ruby lenses?

Box and coin included as well

Anyone on this forum get them??

it is an x-serial xmetal ruby. the most valuable of the 3 releases. (x serial, SKU, Unmarked) great pickup but not limited to 5000 as the visible serial indicates; x026890.

there is always next time!

Without seeing the arm I couldn't tell you what gen it is, awesome price tho!

Check out the last pic for the serial number

They didn't actually go for that price.

They were up for auction starting at 50 GBP and someone must have asked for a buy it now price.

I was going to contact the seller but someone got there first.

Which begs a new question............Do you wait and bid at the last moment, or spoil the party with contacting the

seller for a buy it now price???

The
Check out the last pic for the serial number

They didn't actually go for that price.

They were up for auction starting at 50 GBP and someone must have asked for a buy it now price.

I was going to contact the seller but someone got there first.

Which begs a new question............Do you wait and bid at the last moment, or spoil the party with contacting the

seller for a buy it now price???

The last picture, the arm is blurry on my phone, that sucks you missed it tho.

I've contacted sellers and had them stop the auction, and gave them a buy it know price, and had some refuse too. The problem with bidding is if you do bid the price keeps going up or you do get sniped at the last second, it's a no win situation, it all depends on how bad you want it, and how much your willing to pay for it

x metal ruby juliets released for the movie, and only 5000 made if i'm correct

Yes, in a manner of speaking this is true. The Ruby Juliet wasn't meant to be a regular run pair at the beginning. They just made a few to capitalize on their connection to the movie. They sold their run of 5000 by telesales, online sales and direct to dealers before the movie was even released. Since they only verbally said 5000 were to be made and didn't write it down anywhere for marketing purposes, they continued making the pair until it couldn't sell any longer. So a run of 5000 to commemorate a movie was stretched to 5 years...but the first 5000 has a special place for collectors who were there at the time.

Last edited:
it is an x-serial xmetal ruby. the most valuable of the 3 releases. (x serial, SKU, Unmarked) great pickup but not limited to 5000 as the visible serial indicates; x026890.

there is always next time!

Is the first 5000 X-serial a myth? or truly the first every released of the X-serial line? And is it confirmed that all of the X-serial "1st release" have indeed the purple hue ruby (not Fruby) definitely?

David

This pair had been on eBay for a day or so I was the first bidder at £50, there was then a second bid of £143.00 which was retracted a while before the sudden ending of the auction

I'm guessing that this bidder struck a deal with the seller before retracting their bid.

Back