• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slipping Socket 5.5

Hughie68

Oakley Beginner
Hi
I recently bought a pair of Socket 5.5 frames from Oakley and had them glazed with lightweight varifocal lenses by my usual lens manufacturer. They look great and seemed comfortable at first but have become really irritating as I can’t seem to get them to stay put on my face! I have tried adjusting the nose pads, adding heat shrink to the arms to add a bit of grip and tightness, those ring things that fit up behind your ear. Yet they still seem to need constantly pushing back up my nose just a little when I get sweaty and the nose pads then irritate my nose.

Can anyone knowledgeable advise on this? I also have a pair of Trillbe plastic frames which I use for sport and they grip well so I don’t get this problem. Would it be the case that these frames are just not suitable for being active in? (I do a manual job and get hot/dusty).

Hope this is not a daft question but they are driving me nuts!

Welcome

the Socket 5.5 is prob. to wide for your head if a Trillbe X fits you well.
Trillbe X is a very narrow frame.
Btw Heat-Shrink will make things worse.
Try to buy new Earsocks and Nosepads and have a optician adjust the Socket 5.5 to the shape of your head.

Thank you.

Are these going to be Oakley accessories. Where would I find these? I appreciate your advice 👍

Latest Posts

Back