• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sliver F - Violet Irid Polar Launching At Sunglass Hut

Oakleymans

Oakley Beginner
Check out the NEW Sliver F, launching officially by Oakley on 10/1...Sunglass Hut will have a Front Door on 10/16 featuring an exclusive SKU of Matte Black/Violet Irid Polar!

Here are some of the highlights:
-NanOmatter™: Oakley’s thinnest, lightest and strongest non-metal frame for all-day comfort
-Folding temples with piston spring loaded hinges for the ultimate sleek profile
-Center frame kept intact to preserve optical precision and alignment
-Includes custom Sliver F fit Aluminum Hard Case

I'm kind of excited about this release. I hate heavy glasses, now regret owning so many LX Holbrooks. I can't wait to try a pair on. Might buy a few pairs.

It's pretty bland, not like that's something new with O releases. They would've been better off making it a variant of an existing model (like, literally Frogskins) imo, but looks like the idea was they exploited going as flat (not necessarily smaller like mentioned above) as they could with NanOmatter. The only design cue was a line along the stems.

My mom has the folding Wayfayers. I'm not gonna lie, something that folds up that small could be convenient. I personally never let my eyes go bare on a bike ride but people sometimes put their shades on their helmet on climbs and when they're caught riding late or in the fog. Problem with that is not every pair and helmet go together, and I've seen them fall off on people I rode with. Glasses that fold up a bit tighter to go in a jersey pocket would be an idea.

Back