• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slowly Losing My Oakley Drive!

I think its happening to a lot of people I went through a period I was just so down on lux I was hard to tolerate on here-yes I know it....now I look for the occasional vault deal or Ebay find I just put together some damson /+red and dark Green/Black Flaks XLJ and I like them...Lux...no comment except this is NOT the same company whether Jj has a foot in the door there or not.
at one time I had 300 pair now I have cut that in half and happy pretty much with what I have.

I'm real late to this thread but I generally agree. Once you nail the pairs you wanted, then went into collecting, there's little afterwards. I'd take it some don't catch themselves collecting only for the sake of collecting, and have zero fondness of whatever they pick up.

The Lux jabs are right also. I'm still on a minimal collection, but even then, with any recent releases there's nothing I'd want to shoot for. I bought Jawbones because I needed them, not because I'm really lusting them. Oakley's styling is in the direction of competing existing (albeit popular) looks more than pushing boundaries and just daring to be ugly. A lot of styles now are forgettable, but I really mean no offense to those who like them.

I gotta say this purge sale is revitalizing me a bit. Cutting some dead weight, making some bucks. Trading in 3 pairs that will sit on the shelf for one high dollar pair that will be part of the rotation. Gets me going and feeling like I'm moving up a tier in the collecting game.

I think collecting is always more exciting when the product line is alive and well. It gives you something to look forward to. Customizing is also a great way to keep up interest. My problem is that I've painted most of my spare pairs, and boring colorways; I'm running out of paint projects. Maybe I should take Rustpot's advice and sell a bit of my stuff too. That could do the trick.

I did same as Rust and it was great having money coming in and customizing a few Flaks to keep. I tried to make sure my prices were better than eBay too for the people here.

Back