• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Small Car Crash In Japan

WOW! that sucks! I love the 355, so sad to see a few of them go.

On the Panamera conversation, sorry to say this but that car is fugly and never meant to be in the Porsche family IMHO. I like the Cayenne a lot, and I think Porsche pushed it way too much on that one. And the Panamera, well I never liked it, although I love the interior. It's nice to see that some of you like cars as well, and specially euros :)

Hmmm, I'd argue the opposite: the panamera was a great move to expand their target market and fits in with the original Porsche concept, whereas the Cayenne IMHO is just an overpriced womens car.

I do love the old Ford Mustang GT's, but I got more love for Euro cars tbh

When you getting married Chris? I'm taking the plunge in may.

Congrats froghog!

Marriage is quite a while away, if everything goes by plan, we'll be getting married in 2014.

Reason being that I need some time to get a solid foothold at work and the wedding is going to be EXPENSIVE so got to save save save! Planning on renting Liechtenstein for 3 days.

Thanks Chris, wow liechtenstein for 3 days? that does sound pricy. Congrats to you as well. I think I am wearing my gold supremes for the reception you have a pair of oaks picked out yet even if it is in 2014?

Hmmm, I'd argue the opposite: the panamera was a great move to expand their target market and fits in with the original Porsche concept, whereas the Cayenne IMHO is just an overpriced womens car.

I do love the old Ford Mustang GT's, but I got more love for Euro cars tbh

I agree with you on the Cayenne, like I said before they pushed it too much with it. I think they should've kept the fact that VW makes the Touareg and Audi The Q5 and Q7 and call it good. But I don't mind the Cayenne even though the 3rd Gen if you want to call it that is very feminine. As of the Panamera, I don't know, in an engineering stand point, it is amazing. Same engine as the Cayenne but lighter (not so good engine sound), well done on the aerodynamics part and great stability as it has very nice ratings despite the size. Yes, it is a super car, but I'm not sure what market they are really targeting. The car itself has no classification, it is not a station wagon to compete with a Cadillac CTS or the past Audis, Mercedes-Benz or BMW. And only because it is a four door doesn't necessarily mean it is a sedan to be on the same classification as a Maserati Quattroporte or AMG models. The only one that looks similar (no surprise) is the A7 (I think is ugly too), but other than that I don't see competition. I think I would like it a lot better if it had a better design, then I would be okay with Porsche's move to introduce a four door sports car. Just my humble opinion.

I agree with you on the Cayenne, like I said before they pushed it too much with it. I think they should've kept the fact that VW makes the Touareg and Audi The Q5 and Q7 and call it good. But I don't mind the Cayenne even though the 3rd Gen if you want to call it that is very feminine. As of the Panamera, I don't know, in an engineering stand point, it is amazing. Same engine as the Cayenne but lighter (not so good engine sound), well done on the aerodynamics part and great stability as it has very nice ratings despite the size. Yes, it is a super car, but I'm not sure what market they are really targeting. The car itself has no classification, it is not a station wagon to compete with a Cadillac CTS or the past Audis, Mercedes-Benz or BMW. And only because it is a four door doesn't necessarily mean it is a sedan to be on the same classification as a Maserati Quattroporte or AMG models. The only one that looks similar (no surprise) is the A7 (I think is ugly too), but other than that I don't see competition. I think I would like it a lot better if it had a better design, then I would be okay with Porsche's move to introduce a four door sports car. Just my humble opinion.

DAMN! What a response! Let me gather my thoughts and get back to you in a couple of days- got an exam tomorrow, can't think about this right now :)

Thanks Chris, wow liechtenstein for 3 days? that does sound pricy. Congrats to you as well. I think I am wearing my gold supremes for the reception you have a pair of oaks picked out yet even if it is in 2014?

froghog, you have achieved my 300th post, and this is what i'm going to say: there is no way that i'm wearing sunglasses to my reception/wedding/anything- we're doing it all fancy and black tie ;)

I was just a groomsman in my sisters black tie wedding and pulled out neon yellows for me and pink paul smiths for the bridesmaid i was introduced with at the reception. Just because its fancy and serious doesn't mean you can't have some fun!

Back