• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Small Uncleanable Dots on 2 month used Sutros

Wpelaez

Oakley Beginner
Hi everybody, after many years of using AAA sunglasses i finally decided to get the real thing (Oakley Sutro Road Jade), so far its been great, the clarity its outstanding however there is a little problem that i've been noticing everytime i clean them, there al multiple small dots that just cant be cleaned.

IMG_20220401_135713 - copia.jpg

IMG_20220401_135723 - copia.jpg

IMG_20220401_135806 - copia.jpg

I didnt check if all the small dots were in the lens when i got it, it was brand new, but anyway, when in normal conditions u cant really see them but when focusing the lens into the light u definitely can see it, at the moment it doenst disturb the view when wearing it but im a little worried since the tendency of some lens to start to peel or bubbling does anybody know if they can be taken them off, also there are some of those where the lens and frame get inserted most exactly the part of the lens that goes into de nose part.

Thanks.

looks like hairspray to me......

Honestly w/o seeing them in person to determine if it is just on the lens or in the lens a remedy is going to be tough.

Is this after being cleaned? I ask because the frame and especially lens corners are covered in dust from what I can see in the pics.

Try soap and water, scrub lightly with your hands then dry with the microfiber cloth.

But no, I have never seen lens spots on Oakleys like that.

Is this after being cleaned? I ask because the frame and especially lens corners are covered in dust from what I can see in the pics.

Try soap and water, scrub lightly with your hands then dry with the microfiber cloth.

But no, I have never seen lens spots on Oakleys like that.

Yes this is after cleaning them, some friend recommended me to use neutral jhonson shampoo its all i had used since.

Yes this is after cleaning them, some friend recommended me to use neutral jhonson shampoo its all i had used since.
I would contact Oakley Customer Support, they'll take them back and replace them.

Not normal for Oakleys, even "delaminated" don't start that way from what I've seen. Might be a manufacturing defect.

That looks like a coating film defect.. u should def try and get replacement

I bought them in a bike store cuz here where i live unfortunately there are no real official oakley store. i think it might be in the lens cuz i just cant get them off with the microfiber cloth even after multiple washes.

Thanks for response.
Seems like a silly question but you are sure they are real Oakleys?

Latest Posts

Back