• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snagged A Pair Of Jupiter Camo Frogskins:

Ya, as of now, you can get them around 200 on the bay. My understanding is that a new batch of them will be available in about a month or so.

I don't know what the plans may be for the US but I just found out that UK stock for UK retailers has been further delayed. This isn't stock of a new batch, this is stock of the supposed original batch from the original release date. My contact had placed their original order for stock (and they are an authorised Oakley dealer in the UK) in late May/early June. They've just been told Oakley don't expect to fulfill that order until October. That's 5 months later! This is despite Oakley UKs website taking orders direct from customers and showing an estimated dispatch date of 15th August. Who knows if that estimated dispatch date is true or not considering what the retailer told me.

The Jupiter Camo Frogskins are OK but I can't work out why it seems people have gone batshit crazy over them. The new SWs are nicer IMHO, and I'd much prefer a re-release of the Neon Yellows, Matte Red, or Rootbeer Fires than more Jupiter Camo Frogskins. I guess the Acid Series are so meh that anything else seems amazing.

I don't know what the plans may be for the US but I just found out that UK stock for UK retailers has been further delayed. This isn't stock of a new batch, this is stock of the supposed original batch from the original release date. My contact had placed their original order for stock (and they are an authorised Oakley dealer in the UK) in late May/early June. They've just been told Oakley don't expect to fulfill that order until October. That's 5 months later! This is despite Oakley UKs website taking orders direct from customers and showing an estimated dispatch date of 15th August. Who knows if that estimated dispatch date is true or not considering what the retailer told me.

The Jupiter Camo Frogskins are OK but I can't work out why it seems people have gone batshit crazy over them. The new SWs are nicer IMHO, and I'd much prefer a re-release of the Neon Yellows, Matte Red, or Rootbeer Fires than more Jupiter Camo Frogskins. I guess the Acid Series are so meh that anything else seems amazing.

That sucks about the UK stock being so delayed. Hope you all get em soon.

I think ppl have gone nuts over the jupiter camo's because the frog is like the oakley mascot. Also, it's a pretty simple colorway but works very well. The +red iridium lens is by far one of the nicest to look at, so everyone probably wants it for that reason as well. The Acid Series is meh, I don't even own one. The smog series grows on me more and more everday, and I might pull the trigger on getting the text which is the only one I am missing.

We've had some and I've got my hands on a couple of pairs, but it's a general overall lack of stock. We've had drips and drabs which, when they do arrive, immediately sell out.

agree abt the acid series. never owned a single pair as well. =) but if it's true the US is gonna produced more Jupiter Camo frogs, then wouldn't it defeat the purpose of it being limited?

these look awesome i just can not stand the way the frogskins fit

I hate the fit too. I honestly only got these to add a third piece in the jupiter camo line. The dispatch looked just like the fuel cell and the holbrook i dont like. The frog looks great on display. The jawbone is AMAZING!

agree abt the acid series. never owned a single pair as well. =) but if it's true the US is gonna produced more Jupiter Camo frogs, then wouldn't it defeat the purpose of it being limited?

Yeah, I mentioned this on another thread somewhere. These are marketed as limited edition yet, from what I can tell, these have been one of the highest production run Frogskins for a while - a figure of 5,000 has been mentioned. This goes against Oakley's own marketing which says that Frogskins will only be produced in runs of 3,000 and no more.

The problems with availability for the Jupiter Camo's and Golbrooks makes me feel like you can't trust any release dates Oakley put out. I'd heard the Backlight Frogskins were due for release in September but I now doubt that very much.

Yeah, I mentioned this on another thread somewhere. These are marketed as limited edition yet, from what I can tell, these have been one of the highest production run Frogskins for a while - a figure of 5,000 has been mentioned. This goes against Oakley's own marketing which says that Frogskins will only be produced in runs of 3,000 and no more.

The problems with availability for the Jupiter Camo's and Golbrooks makes me feel like you can't trust any release dates Oakley put out. I'd heard the Backlight Frogskins were due for release in September but I now doubt that very much.

Agree with you about the blacklight series. I just don't see their pictures popping up all of a sudden on oakley.com and being readily available to "add to cart" come 1 Sep.

Latest Posts

Back