• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snagged my first bone finish Juliet

Which lens too choose

• Maritime

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • DWP

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

keptman

Oakley Expert
Noneyah
Got these in and cleaned them up. Thought the lenses were black from pics. The grimy rubber was way past saving. Someone had to of found these in a car the way the rubber deteriorated.
Originally thought I'd be sending these off to get some new life but after a good cleaning, you can now see the serial. Like the way these look with rootbeer rubber.
Thinking of getting either maritime or DWP for them. It's a shame that the original lenses are peeling on the inside.

20180417_082529.jpg

20180417_082513.jpg

20180417_082106.jpg

20180417_082024.jpg

Water and hand soap. Used a old tooth brush to get in the crevices.
You could tell that whoever used them was always taking them off with left hand. Thought arm was beyond saving but cleaned up nicely.

I always look at the area under the nose pads for wear. If it's got the finish rubbed off I pass unless it's for a project

My bone pair I kept original (reddish fire) but o have changed lenses on plenty of other serialled pairs. I do like DWP a lot but have mine in a polished pair (originally polished/blue so kind of in keeping) in preference to putting it in plasma. Yet to try maritime, though am interested.