• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snakes who bust up deals that are already made make me sick!

people that do that are scum and if they do it here should be called out. ive had it happen to me numerous times on here and in the wild and it does suck. I am not trying to rip off old ladies, if somebody asks me a true value i tell them and we compromise but if somebody is just selling for a reasonable or cheap price of course i am going to buy it. People that snake others deals have no character if they are doing it for personal gain

people that do that are scum and if they do it here should be called out. ive had it happen to me numerous times on here and in the wild and it does suck. I am not trying to rip off old ladies, if somebody asks me a true value i tell them and we compromise but if somebody is just selling for a reasonable or cheap price of course i am going to buy it. People that snake others deals have no character if they are doing it for personal gain
I totally agree, it has happened to me numerous times, especially on Mercari!!

<----- Guilty. I have done it once that I can recall over the last 10 or so years. It was a grail item of mine on eBay that I missed out on in the middle of the night. I didnt get it. Offered a decent amount more than it sold for.

I have been the "victim" more times than I can count or remember over the years.

giphy.webp

From what I have seen on Mercari there is someone who must think they own the Oakley search. Many many many times watched an item sell cheap then reappear 10 minutes later at double price.
There is more than one. The guy I mentioned earlier was so bold he used his exact same Mercari user name here. I believe that Trixie from ebay does it as well. One time after I bought something on Mercari at least the seller was honest and said there was a bunch of people offering her more if i cancel my order, and told me she would keep my order if I matched the other offers. I didn’t, but I do report every seller that cancels my order and then resells it.

Back