• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snapped plastic frames

Congrats on the Nuptials @Mikeouk

Other members have all offered excellent suggestions on how to remedy the problem....

Here’s the solutions cheapest to most expensive.

1. Buy new Shades
2. Repair broken shades
3. Buy 2 new shades ( just in case this happens again)
4. Buy x-metals- more durable and less likely to snap if stepped on again.
5. Get rid of wife....... by far most expensive unless you have a great attorney (see @beau1890 or @saltparrot )

He said it was only 3 weeks ago. Annulment is still on the table.

22 years in Jersey if they to college...………..besides tuition. I know these things...

Ewww. However I would point out that that is against the federal guidelines for child support which don't necessarily have to be followed but "should" be by all states. Since the enabling statute for child support programs in each state is a federal statute.

Sadly the states can play with the guidelines. Here it's 18 or graduates high school whichever comes last.

Last edited:
Ewww. However I would point out that that is against the federal guidelines for child support which don't necessarily have to be followed but "should" be by all states. Since the enabling statute for child support programs in each state is a federal statute.

Sadly the states can play with the guidelines. Here it's 18 or graduates high school whichever comes first.
If I remember correctly, it was put to me, "as long as they're a full time student up to age 22" I had to pay. That was almost 20 yrs ago though. Anyway it was well worth it in the long run.

There might be some epoxys that will work. I have one I just bought from JB weld. It’s a gel. It’s basically super glue with some other “stuff” on there.

It initially worked, but I had the frames soaking in simple green to strip the finish and the bond let go.

I’ll reapply and give it another go. After the initial bond I was able to pop lenses into the frame. Albeit carefully, but it held

Back