• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snapped plastic frames

There might be some epoxys that will work. I have one I just bought from JB weld. It’s a gel. It’s basically super glue with some other “stuff” on there.

It initially worked, but I had the frames soaking in simple green to strip the finish and the bond let go.

I’ll reapply and give it another go. After the initial bond I was able to pop lenses into the frame. Albeit carefully, but it held

I used that same JB weld to fill in the teeth marks from the dog chewed PBII I have. Worked pretty well for my first time trying a repair/custom. Well, minus the tips of the ear stems....they were so chewed on I couldn't get them perfect with what I had to work with. But after sand, paint, and clear coat most people wouldn't notice at a glance. After many on and offs, no chunks have fallen out or anything and the fills still look to be holding well. It's pretty good stuff, and fairly flexible so the o matter still does it's thing and the JB weld goes along for the ride.

Having just been on the Bay, presently you'll find 14 different offers for the old Canteen(assuming that's the type you're referring too!A little more info would help,such as colourway and model sku.....)for anything from £16.70($20.87) to the greedy £154.99($199.94). Check the location, you may have to include postage and tax on top.

Last edited:
I used that same JB weld to fill in the teeth marks from the dog chewed PBII I have. Worked pretty well for my first time trying a repair/custom. Well, minus the tips of the ear stems....they were so chewed on I couldn't get them perfect with what I had to work with. But after sand, paint, and clear coat most people wouldn't notice at a glance. After many on and offs, no chunks have fallen out or anything and the fills still look to be holding well. It's pretty good stuff, and fairly flexible so the o matter still does it's thing and the JB weld goes along for the ride.
Do you still have the dog lol

Preliminary report on JB Superweld (gel). Seems to bond very well and hold but this is a much older O'Matter frame ('98-'99) so it's hard to say if it will work on all frames or not

Back