• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sneak-a-Peek: Oakley Jupiter Carbon Sunglasses | Shade Station

Business practices like this are really starting to piss me off. All for more precious money. Things have dropped dramatically in the last year, but the prices of new items have shot up. They are doing this and thinking no one will notice.

Business practices like this are really starting to piss me off. All for more precious money. Things have dropped dramatically in the last year, but the prices of new items have shot up. They are doing this and thinking no one will notice.

Im sure your average consumer pays no attention to the materials used and previous pricing. We as collectors are the minority in their book. In fact, how many of us even buy pairs at retail? We are the low down, eBay listing, Craigslist searching, wheeling and dealing group who laughs in the face of retail pricing!

In fact, how many of us even buy pairs at retail? We are the low down, eBay listing, Craigslist searching, wheeling and dealing group who laughs in the face of retail pricing!
Hey...you just described me! LOL but it's true. I do pick up a few pairs at MSRP, but most of my purchases are from the Vault or eBay.

That price sucks. The Lites didn't fit me well, slightly tight around side of head. Store told me these will not be as tight but she could have been making it up. Even the custom Jupiter squares went up $20. We're $130 non-pol and now $150. And went from 180 to 200 for polarized.

The Prices of the OCP Jupiter Sq have not changed. Custom is always $20 more than a pre-built pair. There for a prebuilt Matte Black/Black Iridium Polarized pair would be $180 where as a Matte Navy/Black Iridium Polarized pair would be $200 since it is only available custom. Just as an example.

Welp I pulled the trigger on the new Jupiter Carbons polarized. Hated the price but been wanting a jupiter square style for awhile. After making some money selling a few things. Also Oakley stores have a promo get $10 giftcard for every $50 spent. So I got $60 in gift cards! And a free cleaning kit! These fit exactly like the jupiter squares. Those factory lite's were too small. Will post pics later.

I like the two tone...lots of other brands are doing carbon fiber stems it seems and they are all different colors.

Fit exactly like the squares. I don't know if it is a newer ice lens, but it seems like a lighter shade of blue tint than my other ice iridium lenses for my fast jacket. Still love em.

IMG_9681_zps99ca6213.jpg

IMG_9679_zpsa531eabc.jpg

IMG_9677_zpsb86abbde.jpg

well maybe im a minority....but i dont make ANY purchase of anything over $100 without doing a bunch of research. certainly not a luxury item. i just bought a vacuum....i spent an hour reading reviews, once i chose a couple candidates i checked pricing trends over the last year on each and went ahead and bought one but id noted pricing had dropped in the past 2 months but had a pattern of rising and falling to and from the current price. i bought my new Mustang when i did because the pricing on those has leapt $8,000 over the last 8 years and will likely go higher drivng up even used prices.and yes, we are wheeler dealers but you dont think the rise in new prices retail wont drive up the price of new and used in the secondary market? of course it will, the ceiling sets the floor...and the floor just rose

Back