• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sneak Peek into the Chop 'Em Shop...

The goggles are huge and tough to cut. When you cut them the material seems to almost melt w the friction/heat. That's not good for my equipment.
So you are basically right on.
Goggle lenses are weird, like any model from about 2014+ have a ridiculously thick center; Flight Deck is already meaty with about a 3mm side edge, while the center is north of 5mm thick 😳 that thickness is my guess on why those tend to melt far more than some earlier lenses I'd done. I get why you don't cut them, it's not fun lol

Haha! Thank you. Ya they don't work cutting wet well in my experience, and when dry the friction and great melts. I didn't measure them, but if you did I know you are right!

Sorry for the late response.

Those are HOT! Is that what the new Prizm Rose Gold looks like cut up?

I've seen the Prizm Rose Gold and IMO they're more gold/bronze, not very pink. Regarding the Prizm question...these have the pink tint looking through, so I'm thinking they are.

can you clarify what the donors on your MD pink's were - because those lenses look GORGEOUS!

Let's just say the guy I got these from was not very talkative. Since the price was fairly cheap, I took a chance and didn't push him. It looked like he tried to cut these for something else, so there was no way tell what the original donors were. Sorry I can’t provide better information.

And, yeah, my wife loves the look, too, and can't wait to try them on the slopes this winter.

Gold irridium polarized! Cant wait to try them out this weekend!

Latest Posts

Back