Personal opinion review. There are 3 Snow Prizm lenses:
  1. Torch (19%)
  2. Sapphire (13%)
  3. Black (6%)
20200222_092913.jpg 20200226_103708.jpg

I haven't tried these in the snow, but have been using them in different conditions, from very low light to extremely bright. All 3 are awesome in their own way, and of course, depending on the light outside.

Torch, very red from outside, more red than Field prizm, and great to wear in low to medium bright days. Looking through, is similar to Field prizm

Sapphire, almost identical to DWP from outside, but looking through is a strong amber, similar to VR28. Great lens for bright to cloudy days. My favorite of the 3

Black, pretty much chrome from outside when wearing, and a dark red, with purple hue when looking through. To be used only in very bright days, but very comfortable, until it gets dark. I think that aside from the eclipse lenses, these must be the lowest transmission from Oakley (6%). Perfect for locations that get a lot of sunny days every year

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad
Last edited:

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
I have skied the Torch and the Sapphire, both work pretty well in low to flat light, nice all condition lens, Rose works a bit better.
Prizm Hi Pink works the best in my opinion, for flat, white out, conditions.

NoFair

Oakley Expert
I have skied the Torch and the Sapphire, both work pretty well in low to flat light, nice all condition lens, Rose works a bit better.
Prizm Hi Pink works the best in my opinion, for flat, white out, conditions.
Rose is only in goggles afaik, but it's the most versatile lens for varying conditions imho. They are all great though.

I still prefer HI yellow to HI pink in lower brightness white outs and Rose over pink in brighter white outs..

Looking forward to spring skiing with Prizm black :cool-20:

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
Rose is only in goggles afaik, but it's the most versatile lens for varying conditions imho. They are all great though.

I still prefer HI yellow to HI pink in lower brightness white outs and Rose over pink in brighter white outs..

Looking forward to spring skiing with Prizm black :cool-20:
My spring skiing is old school, just sunnies and a hat, sometimes no hat. Think the 80's...LOL

NoFair

Oakley Expert
My spring skiing is old school, just sunnies and a hat, sometimes no hat. Think the 80's...LOL
I have Prizm black snow in both Airbrakes and Radar EVs :D Radars will get loads of snow time this April :cool-20:

When I'm not back country skiing I wear a helmet and then the goggles are on

Latest posts

New Threads