• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So, A crazy thought on wide head and fake Oakley sunglasses

RacerMachX

Oakley Beginner
I apologize if this is against rules.

I have been researching Oakley's for wide heads, and during my research, i came across some fake Oakley sunglasses sites.
On these sites, some of the glasses are around $15.
I have a list of sunglasses to try for fit and i thought i could buy some fakes and try them on for size.
I would try to go the vault, but nothing is close by and some of the glasses are older.

My thought is to try on the fakes to see if they fit my wide head and then buy the real Oakleys.
So, does people have some experience as to if the fakes are true to size of the genuine articles?

Again, if this is against the rules, please delete this thread.

Last edited:
I've seen some fakes man and I agree with atticus, they might look the same but there is slight to major differences in materials , lenses, clarity and just overall feel. Better off if not close to a store to get a beater pair off ebay or something and wear them to death and if you like them buy a new pair.

DON'T DO IT--i spent $70 buying fakes because i wanted to see how they fit on my big head.
The fakes are different sizes and lenses are not compatible.

Through buying originals i have realised some i have wasted my money on---but resold back on eBay.

If you have a big head you can always use a blow dryer and shape the frame to suit your noggin--as long as you but medium to large frames.

For big head i recommend (the ones i currently own):

Pit Bull
Monster Dog (used blow dryer to stretch a little)
Split Shot (used blow dryer to stretch a little)
Eye Patch 2
Pit Boss 2
Straightlink
Mainlink
Flak 2.0 XL
Jawbreaker
Field Jacket
Eye Jacket Redux
Clifden
Ballistic Shocktube (used blow dryer to stretch a little)
Twenty XX

Back