• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So a long time ago I 3D scanned a bob head...

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
Several years ago I borrowed a pretty high dollar scanner to 3D a bob head. I made a bunch of tiny ones, but 3D printing was kind of just getting started, and large format printers weren’t really a thing outside of the industrial setting. I’ve recently been getting back into the Oakley scene after a long hiatus, and felt inspired. I recently built a professional quality large format printer, so I decided to revisit my old model.

It’s pretty cool to finally realize this idea after such a long time. This is a pretty big print; even at a lower resolution it still took almost 24hr! I’m going to fill and paint this one and probably make some sort of base for it.

5c47815735ae1fac46ac1f549b4055a7.jpg
ff4684b1772adc1b5c85acaf941696c0.jpg

That is cool, looks like nice detail and quality of the “3rd eye thing”.

Can’t wait to see how the smooth and painted one comes out!

Nice looking printing rig as well, any more pics and details on that you want to share?

That's awesome! Any chance you'd mind sharing the file? I'd like to see if my friend can print me one on his resin printer.

Wouldn't the file sharing cost money ??

The whole idea is to get a working file for printing, right ??

It looks like he already has a working file. I believe the only money needed would be if he wanted to charge to share it. If @qtrain23 is willing to share his file I would be like a copy as well.

Back