• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So are the new Tailhook/Tailpin/Tailends considered interchangeable?

Cogsworth

Oakley Beginner
A couple of weeks ago I dropped by the Hollywood O Store to try on some Badmans and Madmans, and ended up falling in love with the Tailends as well. A sales person then showed me how easily the lenses popped out and said they were speculating that Oakley would offer the lenses separately in the future. I just ordered a pair in Ice blue and I was wondering has anyone else heard if Oakley does in fact plan on offering interchangeable lenses? I would love to get a set of Daily Prizms to swap out...

When I saw this thread I thought it was asking if parts/lenses from these three models could be swapped around, i.e. tailhook lenses on tailend frame, which would be no....

But are they gonna release replacement lenses? I would hope they will and it's just a question of when, but it's all speculation at this point.

Since they have that pseudo-frame laser etching, though, I'd expect that to add to the cost/price, compared to others.

Yeah it would be REALLY cool if you could interchange lenses between the three models, but of course that's impossible because of the frame shape. I can't think of any other reason Oakley would make the lenses quick-swappable unless they're going to sell the lenses separately. I hope they do, I would get the whole collection.

When I saw this thread I thought it was asking if parts/lenses from these three models could be swapped around, i.e. tailhook lenses on tailend frame, which would be no....

But are they gonna release replacement lenses? I would hope they will and it's just a question of when, but it's all speculation at this point.

Since they have that pseudo-frame laser etching, though, I'd expect that to add to the cost/price, compared to others.
hey man do you know if tailpin, tailhook, and tailback are the same frames? only different lens?

Read the old comment above yours, says frame shape is different
tailend is totally different, I read on the link below says tailback and tailhook are same frame, but I want to know if tailhook lens fits tailpin frames

Back