• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I bought a double tap today...

Zoll

Oakley Expert
New Jersey
Called the Times Square Oakley store yesterday and they got in a stainless bracelet double tap, so I had them hold it for me so I could purchase it today.

Made the train ride up and when I got there I asked for it so they went downstairs and brought it up. To my astonishment, there was no fancy presentation or awesome box like all the other more expensive watches. It came in a black watch vault and that's it. I was actually really disappointed. Spending a thousand dollars on a watch and getting a $20 soft case for it is kind of a kick in the nuts.

The watch itself is really nice though and I am very happy with that side of the purchase.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to hunt down a nice case for a minute machine or hollow point that someone doesn't want and showcase it in that.

Called the Times Square Oakley store yesterday and they got in a stainless bracelet double tap, so I had them hold it for me so I could purchase it today.

Made the train ride up and when I got there I asked for it so they went downstairs and brought it up. To my astonishment, there was no fancy presentation or awesome box like all the other more expensive watches. It came in a black watch vault and that's it. I was actually really disappointed. Spending a thousand dollars on a watch and getting a $20 soft case for it is kind of a kick in the nuts.

The watch itself is really nice though and I am very happy with that side of the purchase.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to hunt down a nice case for a minute machine or hollow point that someone doesn't want and showcase it in that.

pics would be nice!

On train back from NYC will post better pics later but here's one for now

image.jpg

image.jpg

To my astonishment, there was no fancy presentation or awesome box like all the other more expensive watches.

Guess I'll have to hunt down a nice case for a minute machine or hollow point that someone doesn't want and showcase it in that.

Yeah that was rolling change that kinda bummed me too. The Time Bombs originally came in a bomb (sorry...) aluminum vault, then to the cheaper boxes. The MM used to come in a nice wooden presentation box with a pillow for upright display, then switched to a shi**y plastic case that is not proper for displaying as the watch sits horizontally. If you really like the watch and want to display it optimally, seek out one of the TB1 metal vaults.

I'm starting to think that the decision to pull the plug on the watch line came mid way through development of the Double Tap. Seems like they started trimming the fat before the final release was done.

I agree with the boxes. While many other expensive watches do not come with a very pricey presentation box, I always enjoyed the purchase of the oakley watches.... Because they did.
My last few Oakley watches also came in a large plastic box and it wasn't easy to find the older wood boxes, nor cheap!

Back