• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I Finally Grailed... But Romeo Wasnt Enough

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
Ok guys I am 30 yrs old and like most of you I grew up always wanted to own a pair of the mission impossible 2 Oakleys but being a young teenager we couldnt afford it until now. But my problem was, Only a BRAND NEW pair of romeo's would do for me. Well today I finally picked them up at the post office got home and cracked open the shipping box to hold them in my hand for the first time. Everything was perfect the box is in Pristine condition(no wrinkles or creases, the corners are straight, and the inner box is held tightly) even the label was cut perfect so when the inner box slides in its joined perfectly. So i opened the box to see the glasses and it was Perfection, all the papers, extra nose bombs, extra 25 and 50 t-shox or whatever they are EVERYTHING was brand new... Xmetal lenses without the spider cracks, no scuffs on the x-metal frame. Then i tried them on....

They didnt fit my facial features, the frame is just too big. I dont look good in them. My romeo's are not enough for me. however, i love my tron pit boss' and that is somewhat of a big frame... I have no idea why the romeo's look so bad on me.

So now that i have my precious... and I hate them! I ask all of you what should I do? should I let them go to a good home where someone would love them, like i do and look good in them. or do i continue to piece together the entire Oakley x-metal line of brand new glasses. I am half way there only ones left are the penny hard find, I will only accept 9.5 or higher of x-metal with ruby lenses, Mars easy find, X-squared again somewhat easy find, and lastly xmetal xx. After that I will have the entire X metal collection.

what do you guys think... should i keep them or let them go? should i focus on a pit boss 1 collection or should i consider buy a aluminum c-six?

~greg

Thats the thing man, I am not 100% sure i want to get rid of them... I will never find R1 in this condition again! I have nooooooooo problems keeping them. But, then i feel that i may be robbing someone of their dream. I dont love these glasses. But they sure do look sweeeeet as hell in my collection. I do like staring at the boxes they're crisp and tight, the coin is still shiny. Idk what to do... honestly i will do nothing short term, I am more asking long term

Wow, one of the first times i have read where the owner of a romeo (lnib at that) is NOT really happy. Guess there really is a first for everything, lol.

But seriously, enjoy the hell outta them on display if u cant wear em, then let go if you have had your fill. It is like that for most of us. My opinion anyway...

My tron Pb1 with Authentic oakley ice polarized lenses are my baby... I love my trons!!!! So comparing the R1 to the trons, I have to say the trons win 100 - 1

Wow, one of the first times i have read where the owner of a romeo (lnib at that) is NOT really happy. Guess there really is a first for everything, lol.

But seriously, enjoy the hell outta them on display if u cant wear em, then let go if you have had your fill. It is like that for most of us. My opinion anyway...

I am deeply sorry, I never had any intentions on being the first

Pop some pics up of the R1, someone is sure to make you an offer

I highly doubt it... The problem is this I am a buyer not really a seller. If I was to let go of a relic in my collection they have to pay the price and its a crazy price. I am like that because these are MY R1 and they're in perfect condition. Thus I think they're worth more than what people are willing to spend... If I was to sell these I wouldnt take a penny less than $1,200 and even then if someone had the cash in front of me... I might still say no, because i know in my heart i will never find these again.

Back