• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I Finally Grailed... But Romeo Wasnt Enough

well I try to wear everything in my collection for the right moments, for example the R1 I would keep in the box then drive to mall once at the mall take them out and put them on as i go shopping at the oakley store. I also travel a lot and will be at the foothill ranch Christmas eve and that is another place i would wear them... walking in there with a fresh pair of Romeo would be an accomplishment. But other than things like that, I dont wear them at all... That is why I have matte black flak jackets, split jackets and a scalpel. Sooner or later i will take a picture of my entire collection as a whole for everyone...

They didnt fit my facial features, the frame is just too big.
Romeos are a big aggressive design and footprint, no doubt about that.
Keep them, they will grow on you more & more each day.
They just might. In collecting I really wanted a Juliet Brown and they take a little patience to locate. When I got a JBR, my initial impression was meh. After a little while they grew on me and then they really grew on me and moved from the bottom of the list to the top. But that's a Juliet and a little less assuming frame size.
Also on my radar at one time was a Plasma XX. I finally got one and was not floored even though I had looked for about a year and was expecting to be very satisfied- and just wasn't. I think that I've worn them once and it's not that I have anything against XX, actually I wear Ti02's often (like today), golds are awesome too and the XM is pretty good for when I don't want a lot of flash. But the Plasma/Ice just never took hold.
So it might be a matter of the colorway and then again it might be the size.
The problem is this I am a buyer not really a seller.
I hear you! I'm waaaaay better at running down a pair then letting loose of one!

Dude I fully admit that my prices are high. I understand, but what i am saying is this... They are my romeo 1 not anyone else's. They are brand new Complete with the xmetal lenses with no cracks. So to me they're at the least 1200. I realize some may think that is a crazy number and maybe it is... but i am still not sure that i would sell them at that price. Another example, is my tron pitboss with ice polar lenses... I would value my pair at 1500 I KNOW THATS CRAZY... but again they're mine. When some buys from me its guaranteed to be the best. But again I dont sell, I buy. I have never sold what i call a relic from my collection, a relic being an xmetal ruby juliet, while the carbon BI 4th gen well that is a 400 pair of sunglasses not a relic everybody has them. So i look at my collection completely different from how others look at theirs.

One last example right now their is a pair of mars with Emerald lenses on ebay for $850 #1. if they were mine they wouldnt have a scratch and #2 i would double the price to 1600 if i was selling them... the best or nothing thats how i roll.

call me crazy but i think you guys severely under value your collections because some of you NEED money.

~greg

Yea i made a lot of money of the past 2 yrs... but now i am unemployed and can afford to be. But nooo, not rich. Rich to me is millions I am no where F'n close to millions

I say keep them. I was like you, always admired them when I was 15 and always wanted them but couldnt see myself working for 5.00 an hour spending that much. When I finally got my first R1 I loved the frame and got another but I just couldnt feel like I pulled them off. I do however say keep them and dont go and get more bosses. They are very over-rated and pricey IMO :). I would go for a C-Six. I hear they are AMAZING!!

I say keep them. I was like you, always admired them when I was 15 and always wanted them but couldnt see myself working for 5.00 an hour spending that much. When I finally got my first R1 I loved the frame and got another but I just couldnt feel like I pulled them off. I do however say keep them and dont go and get more bosses. They are very over-rated and pricey IMO :). I would go for a C-Six. I hear they are AMAZING!!

I smell sarcasm? Lol.

Back