• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So If You Saw This Auction, What Would YOU Think You Were Buying?

I would say some one got a nice pair of glasses for a decent price, but I am not sure if all of that goes together.

Well my first thing I noticed was the receipt..... Canvas fuel cells for $100 on 8/11/2012 ? Unless they got them for 50% off original price. Also it just says "sunglasses" no Oakley model or sku, unless it's Macy's way of doing stuff, usually they have a sunglass hut kiosk in there store, but wouldnt the receipt be from sunglass hut? Also by looking up the macys sku# on there site it comes up with a black and grey fuel cell, not a canvas fuel cell.......Somethings a lil fishy here.......At least that is what I see...

I would think canvas cells. The seller has a pretty solid rating with items at or above the price point, which is impressive considering how Ebay sticks it to sellers. Also, it seems like more trouble than it would be worth to fake the case and bag to sell at that price...?

*that auction was up for a while. Was considering it, but the fuel cells don't fit me at all. o_O

Did you buy them? Were they the canvas?

BRAND NEW GENUWINE OAKLEY FUEL CELL SUNGLASSES GOT THESE AT MACYS AND NEVER USE EM THEY ARE NEW COME WITH EVERYTHING HARD CAR SOFT CARRYING CASE AND ALL PAPER WOTK IN ORIGNAL BOX.

That was the description for them. Took a 20 or so loss. His spelling as you can see above, needs some work. The reciept has his full name visible also. Someone probably got a pretty good deal.

OK, so at first glance this would appear to be a pretty good deal on a pair of new Canvas Fuel Cells right? Well that's what I thought. I saw the receipt, figures they had them on a discount rack. Didnt think to much about and clicked the BIN, afterall the seller has good feedback. I have been looking for this box / bag combo for a while now and thought at this price how could I go wrong. So.... a few days later they arrive and the unboxing begins.

The outer box is in decent shape, a little shelf wear and a couple small tears, nothing major. The hard case looks good, open it up, I would rate the inside 8.5/10, a little dirty and a crack. Microfiber looks good, open it up...

Humm.... plain polished Fuel Cell with grey lenses. NOT Canvas. Not new glasses either. They are in very good used condition. Some light scratches on the frame, sweat marks all over the arms and on the edges of the lenses.

So here is my problem... I have been looking for this box bag and hard case for a while. I can use the glasses but didnt really want them. He will take a return but only refund purchase price not postage both ways. Says he didnt know any better when he bought them. I asked for a $20 refund to make it a little more reasonable, he refused. We have sent a few emails back and forth, He isnt moving off his stand. I dont want to send them back because I want the box. So what would you do now?

Oh yeah, he also types in all caps and his English is also bad, but he isnt from the states originally so I can let that slide.

I'd claim bait and switch and try to get the full price and shipping back. However as you said the case and whatnot is pretty tough to find, so it may not be worth the time/effort of opening a case and waiting for a refund. Either way, a feedback that would warn prospective buyers who may be looking at his/her items could help out other ebayers.

Since the case and baggie were what you were initially after, I'd just clean up the glasses and sell them to offset your total cost. Even if you only get $50-$60 for the glasses, that still means you'll only have paid $35-$45 for the hard case and baggie...a decent deal nonetheless.

Latest Posts

Back