• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I'm At The Vault Wearing A R1...

I simply figure that if you're trying to sell something to me, you should have a clue what you're talking about. Otherwise, I just assume you're either and idiot, or someone who just doesn't care. Neither of which lead to a sale from me

I have to respond----- A JOB with a company, and being a salesman for them, should require a basic knowledge of past, present and possibly future products. That is what a good salesman try's to do on their own and not have to be told by the company to learn it. My previous post explains this all. "It is just a job" When a company hires a person for sales, they expect the person to become knowledgable about their products, or already know about them. That is part of the job. Not just show up and work. Then use that knowledge to sell for them. That includes past, present and future models. That is why they hired you in the first place. It seems in todays times you have to explain this to people. For some reason it just doesn't compute.

Hope I don't start a hell storm with all this. Not meant to be demeaning, but maybe helpful to some.

highlighted the word that defines your whole arguement. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. if the COMPANY does not see it to be a problem and fire them...then guess what? they will continue to work there.

highlighted the word that defines your whole arguement. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. if the COMPANY does not see it to be a problem and fire them...then guess what? they will continue to work there.
Sad, but also very true these days.. As sad as it may be, alot of companies are just happy if someone actually shows up for work and doesn't steal from them. Signs of the time we live in.

makes me wonder though...

does Oakley supply their salesstaff with literature on the history of the comapny and it's products? what is the training regimen for their staff?

if the company provides them with the information and tools to be knowledgeable and they still remain uninformed, then fault is definitely on the employee.

makes me wonder though...

does Oakley supply their salesstaff with literature on the history of the comapny and it's products? what is the training regimen for their staff?

if the company provides them with the information and tools to be knowledgeable and they still remain uninformed, then fault is definitely on the employee.
No, I will find out though. I do not think they do. I know they train them on the new Plastics in the Vaults. Kinds of and colors that are available for them, is about all they get. Special sales they are trained on too. I heard a girl say the other day "I have no idea what color lenses you can get for a Flak Jacket, I just look in the drawer, and can tell you what we have". I think the point is the Vaults are to push out product, as fast as they can. AND they do that well. Anything over cost is a profit to that store. The "o" stores, I think get additional training, and things are more serious there, but never have been in one. The Vaults, typically are there to slam products out the door, and Pretty Girls are there to help make sales. Never been in an Oakley store without a couple hot girls wearing tight clothes working.

As one of my earlier posts, if I work anywhere, I want to be the best I can and hopefully one of the best employees there. Now in what I do for a living, people can die if I don't do that. But in the normal world people just don't really care enough to be this way, even with what I do. They don't want to know how this works, or how that is put together, or how was that developed, or where did it come from. Takes to much effort and takes time away from Facebook.

i think most people want to know what is relevant to their job. many times, the information doesn't really need to be in-depth.
That is true also, and kinda fits in with my previous post also. Most people just get by and in some jobs that is all that is asked. But what happened to the days where people strive to be better, help contribute to society, today people just want a handout, and not have to work for it and be in their own little world. That is a very in general statement.

But what happened to the days where people strive to be better, help contribute to society, today people just want a handout, and not have to work for it and be in their own little world. That is a very in general statement.

not general at all. that is the society we live in today. just look at the state of our country(if you live in America. and trying my hardest to be apolitical! hehe).

Your right on the point, just wanted to stay non-specific, which is hard. Good Talk, everything I have said really leads up to the last few posts. If young people see what is happening in this country and actually care, things might turn out someday better. If not, until it affects them personally, there won't be needed change. Obamacare might be the start of affecting them, when the fines start for not having insurance. Couple grand fine a year, or 3-4k for the insurance, that is going to put a hurting on them financially. We will see, but my bet is it never gets implemented. Cost is too high, and no controls for it in place. A single payer Government run system will be attempted to be put in place of it, which is actually what the left has wanted for 30 years.

Back