• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I’m getting into painting frames

Be careful with cerakote clear. The aircure especially. Depending on the paint you're using or basecoat. Human sweat eats into extremely quickly and rubbers. You'll find you'll lose your clears wherever those rubbers are as well as wherever it touches a face. I only use the aircure clears over metal now or cerakote h series. Seems to work over those. Im not sure why this happens but it does with extended use. Auto clears work 1000 times better. Give those a try.. good work by the way. I did a radar ev similar to this one a while back too. The curves work well for supershifts.

I used an automotive matte clear over these. It holds up better. Sorry to post photos in your thread. Ill delete this today. View attachment 861040View attachment 861041

It’s cool!

I have some auto clears just not super hyped due to the toxicity. I do still use them on occasion tho

Well would you look at that

05c7dbda8c85a278a48ae2ace9842b6f.jpg

It’s cool!

I have some auto clears just not super hyped due to the toxicity. I do still use them on occasion tho
I've been using them for over 40 years without any adverse reactions. If you think about it, are auto clears any worse than the air fresheners (Lysol, Febreze, etc.) we breathe in, or the colognes and lotions we put directly on our skin. They just don't smell as nice....lol.

Latest Posts

Back