• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So who runs or owns OakleyForum.com??

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I see xmetalmaniac moderate a lot and I see some people who just started out as forum members who appear to have become moderator but who is The Boss? This is just a curiosity question more than anything else. Part 2 of my question is how the OF relate to O-review? Are all members here members there as well? I have looked over O-review and I think I signed up once but I may have lost my login because of the amount of time since my last login.

again nothing more than curiosity raises these questions.

Thanks
Rene

Well.

Oakleyboss is the highest level here. He's like the captain of the ship.

Then he has all the moderators he appoints to try to keep everyone on track.

I think that pretty much sums it up the quickest way possible.

AFAIK o-review is completely separate, run by Dann Thombs. I believe they've been around longer, too.

A number of members are on both forums but not everybody.

My humble opinion is that this forum is far superior as far as usability. I know the O- review has a vast treasure trove of info but not easy to navigate.

o-review has done a great job building a database for reference. There have been calls here to do the same, but why imitate? It's been done already. Here, let's focus on discussion. I recall @Rustpot, a member of both, once making a nice rant on the differences / stagnancy of o-review, in a thread about whether to add restrictions to our exchange section...

Back