• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So who runs or owns OakleyForum.com??

Thanks @OakleyBoss you created a website that motivates me to build my collection, i only have a handful of pairs 3 years ago without a display case, now i lost count and my wife is getting mad at me every time somebody rings our door bell (oakley package). 3 years ago nobody appreciates what i have, but with the OF family, i got motivation to collect and create custom glasses. I learn a lot and have created friends in and out of the forum. Thanks guys, ;)

@steveocubed

1) When was the first moment you realized Oakleyforum had "arrived"?

When I first started it, it was on a free/shared platform, but I owned the name. So essentially some other company hosted it and did everything, but I also have very little control. After 10 days, and around 50 members, I realized this was going to be bigger than I ever thought. I transferred it onto our own hosting, and began creating the custom platform that I knew the site needed. That first 10 days to a month really was the moment it "arrived" (no pun intended). The community needed a site like this and welcomed it with open arms. When it started we had 3 sections "Oakley Sunglasses Discussion", "Oakley Exchange" and "Oakley Collections Area". Obviously it has grown quite a bit since then, and most of the sections have come from member suggestions.

2) What was a moment that bummed you out the most or you saw as the biggest mis-step thus far either directly involving Oakleyforum or related to Oakleyforum?

Hmm, this is a tough one. We've never had huge mis-steps, everything is conquerable with time and creativity. Something that comes to mind, is about 2 years ago when we voted to implement exchange area requirements. We set the requirements we have today (voted on by the community), and shortly after implementing it, we saw a big dip in traffic. I couldn't figure out what it was, whether members were leaving or whatever. I gave it some time, and a few months later I realized it's because we had just dropped ~5,000 pages from Google's index. Since they were private, they no longer showed up in search. We've now solved that problem. Sometimes all it takes is some time and a creative approach.

3) When is the proudest moment you had (or two or three if it's too hard to choose) as the founder of this forum?

Proudest moment by a long shot: Jim Jannard even knowing this site exists, let alone joining it and directly emailing us. Yeah that's pretty awesome for the community as a whole.

@pistolpetefan23

How many pageviews do you receive each year?

It fluctuates obviously with growth and depending on what measurement tool you use, but somewhere in the ballpark of 10-20M.

@OakleyBoss

What Oakley products do you collect? How many pairs of glasses do you have? What glasses are they?

I doubt you will answer these questions but I'm going to ask anyway. Where do you live? What do you do for a living? Any other personal information you would be willing to share?

I am still fairly new to this forum but I feel like everything about you is a big question mark.

Thanks!

Back