• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So who's planning on offloading their Livestrong glasses?

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
Nike ends contract with Lance Armstrong - Oct. 17, 2012

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Nike Inc. announced Wednesday it will end its contract with Lance Armstrong, an endorsement deal that once earned the embattled cycling star millions of dollars.

The move comes a week after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency released reports that outlined the extent of doping allegations made against Armstrong when he won the Tour de France seven years in a row from 1999 to 2005. The USADA banned Armstrong from cycling for life and stripped him of the titles he earned during his 14-year career, including those Tour wins.

I still believe his Livestrong foundation is a great cause and what they do for people with cancer is admirable.

yeah, nike dropping Armstrong is gonna be the end of his endorsement days. i expect oakley, trek, radioshack, etc to follow.

I expect most of them to follow and drop him from sponsorship, but they will all still support the Livestrong Foundation (LF), so I expect Nike and Oakley and ____ to make products that benefit LF.

Oakley is keeping their contract with him for now, until evidence beyond a doubt is shown.

It will be interested to see what happens with Livestrong glasses in the future. Prices could either drop, or increase due to all the controversy.

Oakley is keeping their contract with him for now, until evidence beyond a doubt is shown.

It will be interested to see what happens with Livestrong glasses in the future. Prices could either drop, or increase due to all the controversy.

I would say we are at the "beyond a doubt" point right now, unless there is a MASSIVE conspiracy operating in order to shame lance...but it seems more like he was the mastermind behind the most successful doping ring ever.

I dont disagree. They're basically waiting for the final, official verdict of the International Cycling Union.

All this stuff saddens me. I never bought any livestrong pairs because I'm not a huge fan of black and yellow. But I will keep my Juan Pair pair anyway, I like them a lot and part of the proceeds did go to the livestrong fund.

Livestrong or not I'm on the safe side, cos I don't like yellow.

I have every official issue Lance Armstrong/Livestrong & Pelota glass except the OO Black P Scalpel & his C Six (5 numbered pair issue) and will keep all regardless of recent events, the glasses are part of the collection more due an interest in Oakley anyway.

Latest Posts

Back