• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So You Have These Lenses And Frames....what Combos Would YOU Create?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
As part of my "end of the X Metal road" collecting (thank goodness for overtime), I'll have the following frames and lenses. I have a tendency to shift around my stock configurations for unique looks unless they are special editions (XS 24K, IH Juliet)..in fact out of all my pairs the only mass production pair I haven't messed with is my Polished Fire Juliet because that's a spot on combo. So, with the following parts what would you create? I'm thinking of doing some rotations of combos

X Squared Frames:

X Metal
Polished

X Squared Lenses:

Ruby
Fire Polarized
VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
Black Iridium Polarized

To me, the Polished and VR28 was a whiff on Oakleys part...that lens doesn't work with light frames and the silver/brown is just ick...I know they were trying to do something different from the Juliet and mimic the Romeo with the Plasma Fire but the Polished Fire is THE combo for that lens IMO so while such a combo would be redundant, I think the visual impact of the larger frame and lenses would be killer. I also think BIP contrasting against the Polished would look nice.

Now, personally, the X Metal Ruby is a classic combo so I could see wearing that for periods..however I've seen pics of BIP on the X Metal XS and its a nice look. I think of the possible non stock combos, these would be the most effective to my eyes:

X Metal BIP, Polished Fire...with possibly also Polished BIP.

And I don't know what to do with VR28. I have a Carbon XS built around Ice and blue rubber so in the future I could see putting it in there, but it MUST have a dark frame.

Oh....and as an aside, I'm assuming most here would choose any OEM Ruby Juliet lens (unless its a Fruby) to put in a Carbon frame vs. Exovista Ruby Quartz? Although for $30 I'm considering just having the Exovista around to put in for periods where I want that extra red look.

Send the frames to make TiO2s and then put BIP in one!!!

That's a good idea. I plan on doing that in the future but it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to buy 2 pairs to do it with.

To stay on topic, I still prefer the stock combos...but yes the BIP would look good in the X Metal frame. I think Polished/Ruby would be nice with a red rubber kit.

I think the VR28 with the polished could be pulled off with Rootbeer Earsocks

I am doing a pair of Plasma Juliets with VR28 BIP and a Rootbeer kit.

Once they get back from Oakley Repair I can post pics

I think the VR28 with the polished could be pulled off with Rootbeer Earsocks

I am doing a pair of Plasma Juliets with VR28 BIP and a Rootbeer kit.

Once they get back from Oakley Repair I can post pics

I'm with you on this, I love the polished/VR28 combo, I wear mine when its time for "dress up", looks very classy.

Agreed...I think the polished/vr28 combo looks perfect the way it is. Low-key and professional looking.
Excellent point. Although I've never had an issue with my flashy frames...I met the CEO of my Fortune 500 company who's in his 60s dressed in a suit with my Polished Fire Juliets and he complimented me on them twice. But it would be nice to have the VR28 in storage to toss back in.

Back