• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SOFT VAULT DIFFERENCES

• Thread starter redphoenix
  • Start date
R

redphoenix

What is the difference between THIS X-Metal Soft Vault:

20120430214030474.jpg

and the THIS one, found on Ebay:
black oakley vault.jpg

The coloring is different on the above one.....does this mean the lower case is a ripoff/fake?
Where can I purchase a soft-vault with the white X?

I think the different coloring has to do with the way the picture was taken. There is a difference in size between X Metal vaults, but I don't know how to determine that from pictures.

Here's a pic from the Oakley website of the other vaults available:
rio olympics 2016.jpg

Thanks, thisguy, shortly after the OP, I switched monitors, and it DOES seem to be a photo issue. The lower photo seems to be low-res.
Kudos

Not bad. I suppose mines been doing its job for over 20 years. Not bad at all. In fairness I only noticed the x on the case recently!

The following photo is of the regular Soft Vault, offered on the Oakley website:
main_07-025_large-soft-vault_black_001_76584_png_zoom.jpg

Me, (despite the run of bad-luck with my Juliet), am still an X-Metal purist

@redphoenix one came with the XS and the other quiet possible was purchased on its own. From what I've been told the XS is suppose to be a bit bigger but I cannot speak on experience as I don't have a XS. Both should fit all X metals.

I have a fake one with "Genuine Software" tag with a clip on the side. There's a black "O" logo on the middle of the case.

The original: the stiches on the zipper is well-made, larger, greyish "X" logo, no clip and no tag.

Latest Posts

Back