• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Soft vault or microbag?

Oakley4523

Oakley Beginner
My flax 2.0 came with both a soft vault (that is made for just glasses - you can't put them in the vault with the micro bag) and a micro bag. Just curious how you guys store your classes. The soft vault is nice but seems much easier to just put them in the micro bad and not have to carry around the soft vault...

Are you saying your glasses won't fit in the vault when placed in the microfiber bag? They really should, if not someone pulled a fast one and switched the vault on you. Unless it was thrown in for free then I would invest in another vault. The bag will obviously keep your lens free from scratches (for a while) but I always put mine in a vault or original box. If you want to get crafty invest in a "pelican" style case-cut out the foam and store them all in there. But I would carry the vault with you... If you care about your glasses

Soft vault usually goes along with the bag with me. Obviously easy to "carry" in the car, and depending on how far I'm going out of the car and/or stops involved in the walk then the soft vault comes along also. Less trouble than you think it will be. And if it annoys the hell out of you after carrying it a few times then just throw the micro bag in your pocket...but then remember NOT to wipe them with it unless you turn it inside out!!! (picks up pocket grit and stuff).You need the correct size soft vault if you don't have it already. And if you obtain any X-metals you must invest in the X-Metal soft vault also. (Or 2 or 3).. Notice I didn't say "buy".

Store all my glasses in a display case, and have micro bags everywhere outside the house when they are not being worn .. in car, at desk at work, gym bag. The zip up cases take up too much room and too bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying your glasses won't fit in the vault when placed in the microfiber bag? They really should, if not someone pulled a fast one and switched the vault on you. Unless it was thrown in for free then I would invest in another vault. The bag will obviously keep your lens free from scratches (for a while) but I always put mine in a vault or original box. If you want to get crafty invest in a "pelican" style case-cut out the foam and store them all in there. But I would carry the vault with you... If you care about your glasses

It looks like this soft vault is made for these glasses, and that it's made to go in it without the soft case.

xBzExN.jpg

Attachments

• xBzExN.jpg
    xBzExN.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 132
Back