• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Soft Vault Quality Dropped?

beelzebomb

Oakley Beginner
I've always bought the zippered soft vaults for as long as I can remember (the zip is a great protection against things like sand if you're on a beach) - I've always found them to be pretty solid.

Now I don't know if it's diminishing protection returns as the cases I require get bigger, but the latest one (large soft vault) was pretty flimsy - both sides not matching together when shut, so it was easy to potentially crush with effectively just the zip for stability.

Is this because they are now made in China, or have I just got a faulty one?

No doubt the quality has dropped on EVERYTHING over the years...

But my first soft case I bought in 2000 had a 'china' sticker in it ... I remember being surprised AND disappointed ...

Thinking about it now ... it's possible those A Wires were made in China too...

OK so the company, Igero, sent me a replacement without me having to send the faulty case back - so customer service is very good. Only th new one arrived with exactly the same problem - when the sides are closed together, they don't match properly so the top part can easily 'fold' into the bottom part.
So now I start to wonder, are Igero legit? Is it just that the larger the case, the less stable it is going to be? Do Oakley cases normally come in just a plastic bag like this (attached img)? It's been sop long since I've bought a case I can't remember how they should ship - in a box surely?
20170519_101705.jpg
20170519_101730.jpg

Back