• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale SOLD- 1st Gen Juliet Serial# J119866 w/ Soft Vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

So as much as I want to keep and restore these Juliets, as of last Wednesday my wife had to have emergency back surgery on a calcified bulging disk that was found on an MRI on Tuesday. As for right now she did live through the surgery, but is currently paralyzed from the waist down. The DRs say that there is a fairly good possibility of her recovering some or all of her movement, but with the medical bills and things piling up I cant justify keeping and putting money into these Juliets and would rather them go to a good home then sit around for more years to come.

I put a post asking for a fair price on them in the thread for it but didnt get an answer so if I'm off on price I'm sorry, the price is not firm but of coarse I would like as much as possible with all that is going on. I am open to a part trade part cash as I have a pair of Romeo 2.0 that my wife gave me as a wedding present 7 1/2 - 8 years ago whos lenses are in bad shape. Since they were a gift from her and have a ton of sentimental value, I dont want to get rid of them and would like ether replacement lenses or recut lenses to put into the Romeo 2.0s, they do have to be Polarized, though I'm open to color (my preference would but fire, grey, black, or blue though).

The Juliets are 1st Generation and with Serial# J119866 w/ Xmetal Softvault (I think that's the right name), no bag (sorry only have one and keeping it with the Romeo 2.0s). The rubbers are all in great shape but it does need its nose bridge fixed as it is loose. The current lenses I dont think are the originals, I think I replaced non-Polarized with the current ones 10+ years ago. The lenses do have some flaws, but nothing that you can really see within your line of sight. I dont have a great camera/light setup and pictures were taken from my iPhone. If you want additional photos or a video I can see about accommodating your request, between trips back and forth from the hospital.

Price: $250+ S&H, through PayPal G&S, willing to ship international at cost, willing to add insurance at cost.

Thank you all in advance for your good wishes and prayers. Signs are good so far and she has been recovering feeling in her legs well since the surgery, DR says this gives him alot of hope about recovery. She goes into a rehab center tomorrow, so it might be early next week before I can mail these out ... I hope that's ok life is just crazy right now. I hope none of you have to go through anything like this OR if anyone has I know our pain and I'm sorry for you.

(sorry I havent had time to retake the pictures from when I made the post in the Ask Value Thread, they have just sat in the soft vault on my desk since then. Also sorry I didnt get them as cleaned up as I could before photos)
XHxrEuz.jpg

vOejIio.jpg

yFmVJfG.jpg

You can see the little "crack" right above my thumb nail and another by the "OL" in Polarized, but these "cracks" do not go all the way through looks like its just on the coating on the front of the lense for the left eye, nothing on the right that I can find.
wgaIqLM.jpg

ILy1IyN.jpg

tmN1sTL.jpg

CFmw8iI.jpg

xibdybm.jpg

oemrRrc.jpg

d0pfcEs.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
My thoughts and best wishes. GLWS.
TTT

Best wishes

:bump:

Hope your wife gets better and can walk. She has to try and not give up

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery. Thoughts are with you.

Price drop to $300, or trade for Romeo 2.0 lenses and some cash .... Or maybe a fountain pen if anyone else is into that and has something to trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any offers?

Final reduction, guess I'll ether eBay them or keep them if I can't sell them. Still willing to work a trade for some Romeo 2.0 lenses and some cash or maybe fountain pens depending on what you have if your into that but would prefer to sell to cover medical bills

I haven't had time with 6 hour drives to Atlanta and back and everything else going on to list these anywhere else so I guess I'll bump it again. Open to offers no harm in PMing me

Still taking offers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.