• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some little thing I picked up ;)

One time, I was visiting my local O store and one old, bald guy walked in with a carbon OTT. Old time employees thought it was so cool and young store associates had the "what the f...?" expressions.

That's a Great pair but just not worth the going rate tho! I think it would be different if there were only 100 of thies made, people trying to sell them at redicoulous prices is insane. Gives a new meaning to the word fools gold :D. Hopefully you didn't have to spend to much to get them.

That's a Great pair but just not worth the going rate tho! I think it would be different if there were only 100 of thies made, people trying to sell them at redicoulous prices is insane. Gives a new meaning to the word fools gold :D. Hopefully you didn't have to spend to much to get them.
Under what all the BINs are on for, but still more than I actually think they are worth. Still, it was the only way of completing the Juliet OEM retail finishes (before someone jumps in with purple) and I couldn't see them reducing significantly in price any time soon. If I could only keep one pair of Juliets, it wouldn't be these but they were a necessary step to completing the collection.

And I do love them, if that makes it all send a bit negative!

As a lifelong collector of some things other than sunglasses, I can certainly appreciate the feeling that comes along with completing a set! Congrats

As a lifelong collector of some things other than sunglasses, I can certainly appreciate the feeling that comes along with completing a set! Congrats
And it's a set within a set, so I have completed one thing but left another open - pretty much ideal :)

Carrera, well done on completing the set. But I for one just can't find the desire to own a pair of 24k Juliets. It just wouldn't be right. I just feel they're a greedy afterthought by Lux.....not to mention too rich for my pallete..

I PMed my challenge to you and I'll say it again in public.

Wear these to work, take pic in office environment of you wearing, then bask in the respect of all the naysayers, including me ;-)

Love that you made all Juliet finishes. But what's the story with purple? Should I be looking out for that?

I PMed my challenge to you and I'll say it again in public.

Wear these to work, take pic in office environment of you wearing, then bask in the respect of all the naysayers, including me ;-)

Love that you made all Juliet finishes. But what's the story with purple? Should I be looking out for that?
I confess they are still unworn, with hydrophobic sticker still in place! I will wear them at some point though, but a selfie is very unlikely...

A handful of Juliets (3 known, but it was long considered 2 so who knows) were made with a purple finish, apparently as a trial run. A pale blue example came from the same source as at least one of the purples, could be others potentially.

I'll go find a link with pics.

Back