• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some of the work I've done.

How much you wear em too has an affect on the look. Pairs that are worn alot you tend to get alot of skin oils on em and makes it look darker. Washing em in some hot water and mild soap will lighten an xm finish pair up a bit.
Interesting. It was the only pair I ever bought from Oakley. I think I had it for about 3 years and probably daily. But obviously gen1s also get daily wear and have been around much longer

But it does look lighter in the pictures than I remember. So maybe I just remembering wrong.

D1311A1E-5A44-48CF-9AB1-5DF3CDA42411.jpeg

B2789093-FE47-475B-8783-0E7FDF0F9453.jpeg

Just seeing these as I browse your earlier work, they looked awesome! How long does the anodized color last?
It's similar to xm finish I'd say. It'll start to wear the color off the inside of the stem tips after probably 6 months of use. But that's about the only spot it wears off just from taking them on and off all the time. Other than that a pair I've had for years still looks the same pretty much aside from dropping it a few times. Some nicks in the frame here and there.