• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some People Are Sort Of Stupid

I hear ya' guys. Trixter, it must be murder for You if You order something from the States. I just mailed my 24K XX to the UK, and a package that weighed ounces cost 15 bucks. Not only that, but I sent it three weeks ago and he's finally
getting them today. That's the UK. Probably six years to get a pair of lenses to Syria. Plus they'd put You on the no fly list!

calm down, Wally!!! they (24k's) were posted on the 5th....!!!!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

But Wally, why wouldn't you just go to an Oakley Store or buy directly from Oakley ??

Sometimes trying to save $10 causes more headaches and heartaches...

I hear ya. When I wanted them they were on back order from Oakley. It wasn't price as much as availability. I'm sure at this point that with that packaging, Oakley is the only place to get them in good condition. I bought a regular pair of Flak Jacket Deep Waters. I've had them for two weeks, and I just looked at them with a flashlight and there are swirls on those. So I'm getting two refunds for Flak Deep Waters, and I'm going to do exactly what You recommended. There are too many idiots handling these tricky packages. This seller is pretty cool, so I can return them no problem.
Mailing them in that bag was nothing short of complete stupidity. I hope Amazon lets those losers have it.

I agree. Even the girl I talked to at Amazon said, "They didn't put it in a box?"

When I saw how they shipped it, I couldn't believe it. The way it was jammed into my PO Box told the tale. I mean, it wasn't the Post Office's fault at all. If someone ships something in those bags, it's like a key chain, maybe a wallet. But something that fragile was just plain stupid.

Unbelievable. Amazon is Overnighting a pair that have been examined by their best Oakley guy at no charge to me.
I just have to mail them back with the label they are sending me. So I'll have my PERFECT XLJ PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses. I am psyched! I have a total new respect for Amazon. They said that they will double box them! I think they really know how to win back a customer who was hung out to dry. I like it.
Plus, the great eBay Oakley seller happyehappy, told me to open them up and get a good look at them instead of guessing by looking through the plastic. If there's a problem, I get a full refund or replacement, whichever I choose, and if I need a replacement she will put the new pair in the mail now instead of waiting for the other lenses to be back in her hands. So, I guess things look quite a bit brighter than they were an hour ago.
Looks like I will have my mint PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses much sooner than I thought. AWESOME! And the best thing is, the XLJ's only cost me $54, which is one of the reasons that I was disappointed about losing the Amazon pair, because my $50 gift card can only be used at Amazon. I LIKE IT!

Looks like all of my problems are gone. I really wanted to get good quality Deep Waters while Oakley is still making lenses for Flaks 1. I could see them switching over to Flaks 2.0 and I'd be left hangn'. I like the 2.0 a lot, but I'm heavily invested in my XLJ set.