• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Something Seems Fishy Here!

dawgs007

Oakley Beginner
I recently bought a pair of Oakley M Frame SI Strike glasses (https://www.oakleysi.com/Product_Detail.cfm?id=97&sid=14&pid=1). I bought them at an Authorized Oakley dealer (The Eye Gallery of Destin). They are signed up for Oakley warranty now. Looking at them closer, I have my concerns on authenticity and I would like to get you guys' opinions.

A.) My dad has a pair of M-Frames, not the SI military edition like mine. His has the SKU # etched into the side of the frame. Mine doesn't. I'm under the assumption that because they're standard issue, they don't have SKU etched. I would like some input as to whether I'm wrong or not.

B.) My dad's M-Frames have "Oakley" etched on the lens. Mine does not. I am curious as to whether or not that says anything about the authenticity.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CC485C4A-3048-812A-2E5876779BBAD294.jpg
    CC485C4A-3048-812A-2E5876779BBAD294.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 305
Well the picture you posted has it etched on the lens. I dont believe on other SI models the "Oakley" is on the front but not an expert.

On other models like the Straight Jacket or the Flak Jacket I never noticed the print on the front. Honestly the only M frame lenses I know of w/o the print are the early first gen ones. I dont know much about the current model M's. Rustpot may need to chime in here.

I'm hoping to find out if they're real soon due to the fact that I got them on vacation and we're leaving in about 3 days!

Back